Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Anxiety or panic attack

I've had anxiety in my life for 23 years on and off.
    I've had a bad year this year although I'm so much better now and getting better all the time. My problem is i always slip back into my old ways once I'm rid of my anxiety.
    Anyway ill get to my original question.
    Has anyone or does anyone experience this?
    It's quite hard to explain but i sometimes start to "panic" about just being in the here and now, i don't mean anything to do with mindfulness, far from it.
    I mean i sometimes just think way too much about being in the moment that I'm in. It's a horrible feeling that surrounds me. It's like I'm scared of the reality or moment that I'm in. My body goes into overdrive.
    Would you say that that is a panic attack? Or anxiety?
    I've never been able to pinpoint what's actually happening as it's so terrifyingly bizarre.
    Sorry if i haven't explained it well enough it's difficult.
    I've always been aware that its definitely anxiety related and not just me being mentally ill as if i distract myself it disappears. Although I'm shaken afterwards.
    I went for a 5 mile run tonight and it happened out of nowhere. I nearly stopped running but just used my "floating techniques" ... Thankyou Claire weekes!!!
    2 minutes after i felt odd still but no longer scared.
    I'd appreciate advice if anyone experiences this??
    Last edited by jon mike; 09-04-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Also if i experience this and let it affect me. As in i let it consume me like i have in the past its usually followed by the derealization feelings and all the other unearthly craziness nightmare