Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Suicide and self harm

Does anyone have any ideas to self harm worser than what I do? I sometimes cut myself when I feel like I need to. I starve myself (this is new), bang my head against walls, punch my head and limbs, and I scratch myself. I need new ideas that I won't get tired of or something I won't get used to.

Hi
    As a fellow self harmer I totally understand your post and have had similar thoughts in the past but please try to think of something else that may help. I know you're probably saying there is nothing but please, please seek help. Do you have a therapist or a decent GP you can talk to?
    I know that self harming helps you cope with the overwhelming feelings that you have, that they are so intense that you'll try anything. Can you do anything else to help distract you?
    Can you name the emotions you are trying to control? Mine tend to be self hate and extreme anxiety. Trying to work them out can sometimes give you ideas of alternatives to hurting yourself.
    I'm sorry you feel so bad - I wish there was something more I could say to help
    SS

Congratulations. Asking that question is a form of self halm. You seem to be doing a good job as is. Keep banging away. Eventually the penny will drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    Congratulations. Asking that question is a form of self halm. You seem to be doing a good job as is. Keep banging away. Eventually the penny will drop.
    Fuck you stupid prick. Thanks for your so-called fucking help you worthless piece of shit. Go fuck yourself and die

Quote Originally Posted by indis200291 View Post
    Fuck you stupid prick. Thanks for your so-called fucking help you worthless piece of shit. Go fuck yourself and die
    Fuck Australia. Nothing but a bunch of pricks and cunts

That's the spirit. Ride with it. Somthing my psychologist once told me that might help you:

"Notice it, Name it & then Alter it." She called it NNA.

Bit hard to do when out of tune and especially when we burry our emotions.

Happy to help. It may be tough, but its still love. Lets just say I respecfully challenged you.

You just keep ridding with that. It will pass. I think you would do well to rephrase your opening question. Moreso your first and last sentence. It's not a competition nor information others really need to know. I thought you did really well with the rest. Just need to keep working on it. Not to rob you of your pain but given your able to discuss; your doing well.

Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Ponder; 09-07-2017 at 08:43 AM.

Hi there. Welcome to this forum!
    Your life is precious and you don’t need to carry your burdens alone. Life can be stressful, and intense feelings can be nearly overwhelming at times. Self-harming will always result in even greater hurt. I know it’s not easy, but I believe it’s necessary for you to get help. Are you seeing a counselor/therapist? A caring professional would be in an excellent position to offer support and help you to cope with your difficulties. Please know that we all care about you and are here to support you. Sending prayers & wishing you well!

Hello, how are you getting on? I wonder if you've seen a therapist. Are you taking any meds?