Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Advice for College Student?

Hi, I just started college two weeks ago, and I've been having a terrible time, to be honest. All the stress of classes and tests is overwhelming, and I'm not sure I can handle it. I have been heavily considering dropping out and going home, but I'm not sure what I want to do. I tried going to counseling that my school offers, but they weren't able to give me an appointment for a few weeks, and I have to decide if I'm leaving in the next ten days. I feel pretty miserable, I haven't made any friends, so I'm quite lonely, and I don't know how to deal with the stress of classes and tests and such. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for me because I feel quite lost. I'd really appreciate any help. Thank you.

My wife had a similar problem. After a while she decided her major (being a teacher for grade school kids) was not what she wanted. She switched her major to computer science and liked it much better. She graduated and got a job she wanted.
    I don't know if switching to a different major would help reduce your stress, but it might be something to consider.

Well i am worried about my son when anybody QandA with him because he is felling confused to answer any question please recommend me a good education institute for my child i want him to answers good to the others and want ti build confidence in himself !!

Try looking for activities that may interest you. It can be anything - sports, music, or joining organizations. This might ease your mind. This can also be an avenue for you to meet new friends!

Hi Usernname300,
    As a college student I have experienced the same circumstances. The best thing to do is find someone (not just a counselor) to talk to about how you feel. Surround yourself with people whether it be at a club, class, or just somewhere in public. It's hard to strike up conversation with anxiety, etc. but you should make effort to do so, it's well worth it! College is also not for some people, talk with one of your advisers or someone you look up to on campus. Getting perspective on these things will either help you get through or tell you college is not your path. Do not waste time and money if you don't think it's right for you. But also try and stick through to see if it's a true feeling. I'm on my third year and have felt this way plenty of times, it's a struggle that you have to adjust to. Self-doubt is bad so get a perspective from others.