Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

clonazepam over tired/anxious question

Hello, first time user of this forum, just some question's as my anxiety/panic is a bit high today since i'm over tired. I took a .5 clonazepam about 7 hours ago, started to feel anxious again so i took another .5 mg about 20 minutes ago and feel a bit worried that it might be too much, is it a safe dose to take spaced out in that time frame? just feel a little on edge about taking it, i'm sure i'll be fine when it starts to kick in. I was also wondering since I might have trouble going to sleep in 5 hours is it safe to take another .5 then or maybe just break half of a .5 mg and just take that before sleep.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome

The short answer is no, it's not too much. Benzos were actually brought in to replace barbituates which people ODed on. They're pretty safe (on their own).

Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Hi my son gets that drug he gets 8.5 mg a day his health problems are different than ours but he canbe a bit drowsy for a day or two then he adjusts to the level he has to take almose 3 mg per dose 3 times a day with other anti convulsion drugs aswell

Gypsy is right , it is not too much. 7 hours between does is fine. Just remember ( I am on it) before it starts to work it takes a good 40 min for me. The fear that you may get panic attack, will cause panic attack
    I am on this low does for years 0.5 mg a day but sometimes I take it twice too, when stress is killing me, The only med that does not make me feel like zombie
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Congratz on remaining on such a low dose Dahila. Is that not true? I remember when you were working on that?

I do not need to up it, I do believe it is my safety blanket, Not often I have PA so ativan; 20 pills last more than two or three years for me. Yeah one day I am going to stop taking it too. My white tea at night relaxes me a lot .
    Op just remember that clonazepam is long life pill from 7 to 14 hours so you do not need a lot, keep the smallest dosage and be happy with it good luck
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore