Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zoloft, Help!

Zoloft, Help!

Im new to this page and new to anxiety in general! I finally went to the Dr to get some help. Im very anti medication but needed something to ease my mind. I have a huge fear of having a heart attack and have been having PVCs. After doing research and getting checked out by Cardiovascular Dr, I know they are usually harmless but non the less scare me to death. The Dr started me on 25mg of Zoloft for 7 days and then up to 50 mg after that. I'm on day 2 and feel like death. I havent been able to eat, which makes me sick itself and then PVCs like crazy. Just want to see if this is normal. I also had a dna test done to see what meds work for me and Zoloft is in the green. Thanks in advance for any help!

It takes time so be patient. You feel so bad because you've got added anxiety about taking a new medication. But give it at least four weeks and you should be a much calmer person and much less worried.

Thank you for your help. Just needed some reassurance that this would go away soon. I almost wanted to stop taking it.

i just got the same meds ,50mg took for 2 days made things worse for me, going to call doctor tomorrow to see if i can try something different. had bad panic attack after taking 2nd day and had never had one of those before. I hope there is something better cause it made me feel bad, no sleep, mind going 90 miles an hour. anyone know if there is anything that can settle my stomach i read thats where this stuff all starts, if i can get my stomach to settle down i would feel much better . meds work different on different people i know that but zoloft is not one i am willing to try again

oh i wanted to say were in the same boat as far as new to this, i do not know what triggered all this mess to start but i never feel myself like i used to be positive all the time and felt good, slept 8 hours a day. now 3-5 hours sleep, way way too much energy. people say to read but i can not get into that i have never been a book reader. i did download some apps with soothing rain sounds etc that helps me calm down, but i want to be my old self again.

Im sorry you feel so bad. Im on day 4. I take them at night and on 25mg. This morning was better but still no appetite! Very anxious this afternoon but im holding on hoping things will look up soon. Mind racing and heart going 100 miles an hour which is causing me more anxiety. Ill keep you posted and hope you get to feeling better too.

i understand what your saying ann but if you feel worse taking it then before is that not your body telling you something. just asking. that was a reply to anns post not you acarrier10 sorry
    Last edited by joe55; 08-13-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Everyone Ive talked to has said the same, its get worse before better. I figured Im already into so I going to ride it out to see if it works. Just trying to get some advice so I dont freak myself out even more

thanks for the update , good info to know

Keep me up to date and your progress and I'll do the same