Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mental Health Chatrooms

If your looking for a Chat Room you can try the following link:
    http://www.healthfulchat.org/mental-...hat-rooms.html

Below is an embedded table directly from the link above as refreshed when I visited with at that time over 240 people chatting:

Anxiety and Depression seem to have a lot of activity. I was told that the place is adequately moderated with an age range that is varied. Please note that I only found this place prior to making this post. I cannot valid said claims. My initial impression is that as far as chat rooms go, the above board would seem to facilitate what many in here have been wishing for; re this forums inactive chat room.

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Ponder; 08-11-2017 at 09:43 PM.

This is a great resource. I dunno if there are any mods around, but it'd make for a useful sticky.

I sometimes use chat to practice being social. I also find it picks me up when trying to speak with a hopeful tone. Can be a great place for both peer interactions from both reaching out and giving a hand. Great for peer support.

Looks like a nice resource.

If chatrooms are helpful for those trying to overcome mental illness, then I'm all for it.

Just wanted to say that I have been frequenting the chat forum above and it really is helping to lift my spirits when they are low. Just saying is all.

Might try it out. I usually don't do well in chat rooms though. I'm too shy and not quick or witty enuff. Usually get ignored.

I've been on forums many times before. But I've never been on a chatroom before.

What do think of mental health chatrooms? Do like them as much as forums?

I think that the problem with a lot of chatrooms or fb groups is that people complain there too much instead of lifting themselves up... We should share our successes so we can go forward and not stand in the same, bad reality...

I have participated in healthful chat, the board referenced above. There are good things about it Active participation and pretty friendly. Also geographic and age diversity. But it tends to be largely off topic casual chat so maybe not the best place for serious advice on mental health challenges. Still it is worth checking out.