Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Martin I downloaded, but try youtube, it is the best tv series I had seen lately do you need a link ? let me know so I will pm one
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Hey, I'm kind of late to the party here, but if your parents aren't having it with medication, maybe you could try convincing them to accept more holistic methods, supplements like CBT oil or GABA tend to work well, are natural, and carry virtually no bad side effects. Maybe your parents will be more receptive to this, assuming you still have this problem of course. My parents are not willing to go down the medication route either, so I know how it feels.

If medicines don't help you should talk to your therspist about pharmacogenetic analysis. It determines how effective the medicine is for you and possible side effects. I'm sure there's no point experimenting with your body.

Well I certainly have experience anxiety all my life. I think there is way too much reliance on taking meds with the old chemical imbalance story being nothing other than a poor excuse. There is a much one can do to balance out and help the body produce it's own natural chems to right ones boat. I mean if you constantly keep recommending people go see a GP at the first sign of anxiety, or one's sibling making too much noise ... then no wonder people don't know how to regulate their own emotions if not running after some GP to constantly pick them up and solve all their issues.

Take some initiative yourself and YES EXPERIMENT on yourself. Just don't do it with all those synthetic meds. Even those addicted to meds for all there professed balancing know those meds are deadly for doing that! Point and Case. BUT DO EXPERIMENT with changing your routine, way of thinking ... Hell try and get more sunshine and possibly even become a little more active with the intent to clean out your system naturally like how people used to do before the advent of social media and the like.

Yea meds are good for people struggling with hard core mental illness ... BUT ANXIETY ... the *&%$ing meds recommended on a whim in places like these only drive it all the more.

If after experimenting with all the natural options and having given it a good go and your still feeling sorry yadda yadda ... then sure ... Go Take your pills. Fact is ... people today need personal assistants to get the &$#@ out of bed. lol ... I smile @ because I have one that visits once a week for an hour to help me get through the rest of it medication free. We should have more of that. Would in fact cost society was less than all those trips to the GP every time we start to feel our hearts beat.

You'll be OK. Go with what you reckon is best. If your too young to qualify making decisions for yourself, then look into ACT ... it will help you accept your predicament and by doing so you might just avoid the need!

Hi you could try sitting down with you're parents and you're healthcare professionals and talk about it all together and discuss the pros and cons of medicine and try to come to some agreement with you're family sometimes people don't know how these medicine's work and older generation's think it's wrong to take drug's

Your family that type that sits down altogether for dinner? Nice fantasy these days. Most families that do that usually have a head of state on both ends of the table. lol

So where you at with it all maryyyyyyj ?

You got a lot of responses here. Hope some of them help.

What's your thoughts now?

I agree to your parents , it is much better to have a good sleep and eat more healthier foods than taking medications .