Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sleep?

Twichard, how old is you son? Is he special needs, or very young? Have you tried deep breathing exercises to aid in sleep? I've heard it helps.

Also, I went to the psych today. He advised me to continue with the paxil, and suggested a herb called ashwagandah. Has anyone tried it? He's a young guy, thinks my issues are very treatable, and wants to see me next week after the paxil is in my system. Lord I hope this works.

My son's 20 year's old he has dravet syndrome and autism but the dravet syndrome is the big problem its an epilepsy syndrome my son can have hundreds of seizures a day when he's having a hard time

tirediron...I would suggest you continue with the Paxil. My doctor says it can take up to 6-8 weeks to see the full benefits. If it were me, i would not take the ashwagandah. According to WebMd, it's been studied to be safe for short term, but no studies have been done as far as safe for long term. I don't think you should mix an herb with the Paxil. Paxil has been around a long time. I think I took it 15 years ago but it caused some weight gain for me so I switched to lexapro. I wouldn't worry about the weight gain, they all cause me to crave carbohydrates I have found out.

Thanks, Anne. I wasn't sold on the ashwagandah, but wondered if anyone had tried it. I was on Paxil about 10 years ago with no side effects accept weight gain. That's what scared me with the episode I had the other night. I really wasn't expecting it, and I felt like I woke up in the middle of a laser show. Last night was better although I still can't sleep much more than 4 hours. One day at a time, I suppose.

Twitchard, do you have a Pastor, or other clergyman you could talk with about your son? Sometimes talking with a non-judgemental party can really help.

Please don't think I've a problem with the church But its medical help My son's in need of he's unfortunately got a rare and difficult health problem medical research hasn't found the answer at the moment i don't think the church can help in this case

I was thinking along the lines of them helping you deal with the issues regarding your son. Your worry, lack of sleep, and so forth.