Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Role of Nutrition in Mental Health

I'm getting better with my knee jerk reactions to sources of information that throw the bias switch to the on position. So it was that I pressed on with the following video and very glad I did. I've generally disregarded micro nutrients as just another commodity but now given the state of affairs with the abundance of options we are bombarded with, I could not help but think the points woven in this presentation makes a lot of sense. I hope others in here also find it a worth while watch.

Role of Nutrition in Mental Health

"...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

I agree with you 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I agree with you 100%.
    Hell just froze over
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Good nutrition is good for anyone's physical and emotional health, not just those with mental illness.

Our heart, liver and stomach are organs, and so too is our brain. It is acutely sensitive to what we eat. To remain healthy, it needs different amounts of nutrients ranging from; essential fatty acids, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and water.

A good decent gorging session once a year can also do wonders for our well being.

What we eat, is what we are Hi Kirk another person who was missing , Just IMS posted and now you, )
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Yea - I feel like a hefty leg of lam.

Here is what you need to do.

Cut out all sugars and other processed junk.
    2. Eliminate all drinks except water. Drink enough water to make your urine clear.

3. Add some vegetables into your diet, you can eat as much veggies as you want.

4. Add some high quality proteins. It could be whey protein, or chicken breast or fish. Eat up to 1 gm of protein per pound of your body weight.

5. Then comes the carbs: This one is a little tricky and probably the topic of most bro arguments online. While cutting carbs does help with weight loss, it’s not advised to be on a low carb diet all year. During the early phases of your weight loss journey, I’d argue to cut out carbs to as low as you can get away with. If you’re feeling dizzy, however, just take some damn carbs.

i like this video , because usefull