Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

finally admitting that i suffer from anxiety

Hello everyone.

I am 33 years old, and a year into the most amazing relationship ever. however I seem to be causing arguments after having a few drinks about all the things that worry me. The girl I am with is amazing and I seem to be pushing her away. I'm scared. She does not deserve for me to act like that. And now I have admitted to myself that actually I do have anxiety issues, I need to find out the trigger points that are causing me to verbally lash out at her over the phone. 99% of the time she considers me to be the most caring, considerate, loving boyfriend, but that 1% has the potential to ruin everything.

What do I do?

Hi and welcome

I'm tempted to write "stop drinking" but only because I'm a recovered alcoholic and it amuses me (it took two episodes of alcoholic pancreatitis ending in diabetes for me to stop).

I see this question (or similar) here from time-to-time and tend to avoid it because I'm 43 and every relationship has been a disaster. So I'm just going to leave it at welcome to the forum I think.

Cheers,
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer