Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Lightbulb Chest tightness advice please

I've had upper chest tightness for over two weeks now. It's lasted since a panic attack a few weeks ago but can't seem to shake these feelings. It's my upper chest not really my throat I don't think. I've been doing deep breathing exercises at a yoga studio and still have symptoms after.. although I don't have issues working out. On and off chest pain stopped last week but can't seem to shake the heart issue.

I was diagnosed with anxiety 4 years ago and had similar symptoms but not sense then. Then and now we're both periods of stress but I'm worried it's just exasperating a heart prob. I've had a endoscope done and barium swallow a few years ago, eventually symptoms went away.

This time they are back and giving me bad thoughts I'm trying everything to shake the feeling

Quote Originally Posted by Stellanova View Post
    I've had upper chest tightness for over two weeks now. It's lasted since a panic attack a few weeks ago but can't seem to shake these feelings. It's my upper chest not really my throat I don't think. I've been doing deep breathing exercises at a yoga studio and still have symptoms after.. although I don't have issues working out. On and off chest pain stopped last week but can't seem to shake the heart issue.

I was diagnosed with anxiety 4 years ago and had similar symptoms but not sense then. Then and now we're both periods of stress but I'm worried it's just exasperating a heart prob. I've had a endoscope done and barium swallow a few years ago, eventually symptoms went away.

This time they are back and giving me bad thoughts I'm trying everything to shake the feeling

Hi. It's very common for a tight chest. What I tend to do is to drop my shoulders, put something comfortable on and try and relax. That's all it is. You need to relax. Walking in woodland, nature etc is relaxing or even a jacuzzi etc. Whatever works I suppose. Good luck x