Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by jjh333 View Post
    Haha! Really like the bear analogy. I'm going to remember this for my super anxious moments.
    You might like The Happiness Trap by Dr Russ Harris. The start of the book is about how humans have evolved to be SAFE not to be HAPPY. It's our culture that's out of whack not our bodies/minds, but it is good we won't get eaten by bears anymore and we can do more important things than just survive. So some of us with trigger-happy flight/fight responses need to teach our bodies there are no bears. Sometimes you won't be able to help being anxious but you can lessen the impact by not adding what Claire Weekes called the "second fear" - worrying about being anxious. The DARE Response by Barry McDonagh is another good book, and of course Claire Weekes own books.

"You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    lolfeg123 ... you should consider putting a name to your criticisms (or quote) in order to receive a response. Perhaps consider getting more sleep?
    I thought that your tangent was diliberate because it's so apparent, and so I didn't bother quoting it. The third paragraph in your first post, almost in its entirety, evidences this. Strangely, at times you also seem to at answer your own questions in your own posts (lol). Couple this with the name of your account (ponder), not to mention you calling yourself a "nutter," it seems rational to deduce OCD?

What exactly am I criticising? I'd like to think if it as a friendly note (:

Edit: oh and if you sense any agitation coming from me, it has nothing to do with you. Heck i might even be wrong. I'm am simply just pondering...
    Last edited by lolfeg123; 07-27-2017 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    You might like The Happiness Trap by Dr Russ Harris. The start of the book is about how humans have evolved to be SAFE not to be HAPPY. It's our culture that's out of whack not our bodies/minds, but it is good we won't get eaten by bears anymore and we can do more important things than just survive. So some of us with trigger-happy flight/fight responses need to teach our bodies there are no bears. Sometimes you won't be able to help being anxious but you can lessen the impact by not adding what Claire Weekes called the "second fear" - worrying about being anxious. The DARE Response by Barry McDonagh is another good book, and of course Claire Weekes own books.

I will definitely check those out! Logic behind my anxiety usually makes me feel more sane and way less heath conscious and nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by jjh333 View Post
    I will definitely check those out! Logic behind my anxiety usually makes me feel more sane and way less heath conscious and nervous.
    Yeah for sure. Claire Weekes treated anxiety similar to a physical illness. I try to accept that my nervous system is very easily sensitised and it takes me a long time to wind down to sleep sometimes, for example. If I tell myself "rest your body" rather than "why can't I fall asleep like normal people?! OMG I'll be awake all night!" I remove that second fear
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Quote Originally Posted by lolfeg123 View Post
    I thought that your tangent was diliberate because it's so apparent, and so I didn't bother quoting it. The third paragraph in your first post, almost in its entirety, evidences this. Strangely, at times you also seem to at answer your own questions in your own posts (lol). Couple this with the name of your account (ponder), not to mention you calling yourself a "nutter," it seems rational to deduce OCD?

What exactly am I criticising? I'd like to think if it as a friendly note (:

Edit: oh and if you sense any agitation coming from me, it has nothing to do with you. Heck i might even be wrong. I'm am simply just pondering...
    Try not to take me literally. I don't. Hence the term nutter. I appolize for the way I came across. I will continue as best I can. Your welcome to use the ignore feature. Thanks for the quote.

Hope your sleeping better.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz night peeps.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    Try not to take me literally. I don't. Hence the term nutter. I appolize for the way I came across. I will continue as best I can. Your welcome to use the ignore feature. Thanks for the quote.

Hope your sleeping better.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz night peeps.
    no way would I ignore you. You always offer sound and comprehensive advice to everyone on this forum, even though your OCD, if you have it, may be at times tangenting your train of thought. To my mind this embellishes your comments, bringing humour to what would otherwise be dull. And for this I love you ❤️.