Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jon mike View Post
    Well i hope you are happier now. Gratitude works for me when I am feeling ok. It won't be long before i can feel that again hopefully
    That's the spirit. You've just identified something that works!
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    That's the spirit. You've just identified something that works!
    Yes you are right. We have inate human traits in all of us. Being kind or grateful makes you feel at peace. That feeling of peace is good for the human race as a species. Everyone's a winner ☺

Jon Mike you are correct. Derealization is the worst feeling in the world. I'm had a terrible anxiety attack about a week ago and still have that crappy spacey feeling. It's been about 4 years since I had an attack like this.
    Today was pretty good I had times where I felt normal then the derealization feeling would come back. Work today was a lot better than yesterday. I feel pretty good now.

Well i hope you are happier now. Gratitude works for me when I am feeling ok. It won't be long before i can feel that again hopefully
    I am happier in general yeah. I still have bad times but I don't have to kill my feelings with booze. I do need meds though
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Derealization symptoms are back after a lovely 6 year break. I had CBT, rid myself of most anxiety. February i had a horrible random panic attack the morning after a night out. Completely out of the blue, forgot all techniques and went to anxiety hell at full steam.
    Currently I'm fearing the fear of derealization that i cant quite escape from. It's cycling my anxiety because i the awful thoughts and feelings. My house looks so different and it's the world's worst. I am winning through accepting it all over again. I just need some advice maybe on techniques, tips anything anyone think may help. Thanks
    What is CBT? It finally came to me one day that the reason I experience derealization or depersonalization is because I am alone too much. Nobody to talk to. I need to be desensitized by getting out of the house more. Even if it just means driving to the shopping center here in town and sitting in the parking lot in my car watching people go by. I try to get to the grocery store every day to just up an item or two just to get out of the house and desensitize myself. I think it's working but man it's a slow process.

Quote Originally Posted by ssMarilyn View Post
    What is CBT? It finally came to me one day that the reason I experience derealization or depersonalization is because I am alone too much. Nobody to talk to. I need to be desensitized by getting out of the house more. Even if it just means driving to the shopping center here in town and sitting in the parking lot in my car watching people go by. I try to get to the grocery store every day to just up an item or two just to get out of the house and desensitize myself. I think it's working but man it's a slow process.
    CBT is short for cognitive behavioural therapy and it works. Yes getting out more will 100% help you. Get anything by Claire weekes she says things that really hit home with me. Good luck

CBT is short for cognitive behavioural therapy and it works. Yes getting out more will 100% help you. Get anything by Claire weekes she says things that really hit home with me. Good luck

This is a great read by the way. Very scientific and very matter of fact. I hope you can believe and apply this as it's so very right

http://depersonalizationrecovery.com...tip-2-anxiety/