Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Looking for advise

trying to get advise to help a friend.

He has recently come off of 20 mg Lexapro and 10 mg Wellbutrin. Weaned off since January - been off completely for 2 months

He is stating he wants to go back on as he feels unimportant, incapable in his job(which he is not). I want to support what is best for him.
    I try to tell him that he is an amazing person - Smart, funny. I have found him more open to discussion since coming off the meds. While on he was cold. Sometimes mean. He would not be able to handle the conversations we are having now. He would just say they are stressing him and basically cut off communication.

Can anyone give me advice or tell me if it will get better for him

If it's only two months, he should wait to talk more with you. Ask why, and if he can't find a reason, it could be the environment at work. You could have an outing together and talk to see if he feels better.

It going to take sometime for you're friend to adjust to being drug free and if the drug can cause dependency it could be that his body is craving the drug rather than you're friend needing the medicine have a talk about how dependency affect your thought process and make you think that's the answer When you can clearly see its not what you're friend needs is you're support he can overcome it all the best