Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Severe vertigo, looking for help.

Hey guys,
    So I am a very nervous flyer, I have a panic disorder and when I was at the airport I began to have a slight panic attack. I took one of my Hydroxyzine tablets to calm me down but then I suddenly felt this intense feeling as if I was being pulled into the ground. It felt like I was in an elevator and the floor was just dropping. It was very scary and gave me a panic attack, it has been 2 weeks and I still am feeling it. I went to the hospital the other day and they took a cat scan of my head and an EKG which all came back normal. They sent me home with no apparent explanation and i have been scared to even walk around ever since. I am a 16 year old Male.
    Thank you for you're time-Rbanks

Vertigo; Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is triggered by certain changes in head position, such as tipping the head up or down. It's rarely serious unless it increases the risk of falling.
    People can experience dizziness, a spinning sensation (vertigo), lightheadedness, unsteadiness, loss of balance, and nausea.
    Treatment includes a series of head movements that shift particles in the ears.
    what you describe it is not vertigo, I think, I had it for well 15 years, and very bad at the times. had all neurological tests and it came clear. the last one took 2 years to go away. You had you tests and it is ok, if there were any abnormalities you would not be send home. It will pass. you are too young to take meds, do not take them, Use herbal remedies and meditation. Meditation will help. you are such young age that it takes a moment to learn it and see the results
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

This video helped my mom who often suffers from vertigo. Because I'm a new member I can't post a link yet, but if you go on YouTube and look up: Carol Foster, MD Vertigo Treatment you will find it. Maybe that can help you when vertigo takes hold.