Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not at all! Just dont brand me as a sly dog trying to sell dust to people who have real problems. I do have them too, right now. I just had 2.5mg lorazepam.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahila View Post
    yes RTR I do take benzo and I would not describe it as struggling. I am probably the oldest person on this forum. you do not survive right now is about 55 years with anxiety if you do not have some skills ......... The only thing beside benzo that help to control it better is meditation. That I do for years, and it saved me. For some people it is listening the music they love, for another is their hobby.......... you are on forum from November 2016 and I did not see you very active. To answer your question "do you have the ocean of information and excetera;
    You should definitely read the stickies on this forum, with a lot of links to helpful sites ; FREEEEEEE sites.
    wowwwwwwww I am 4 years here, time flies
    Do not try to be a psychologist, my trauma has nothing to do with family......... BTW I do not want to be a bearer of bad news but if you have "disorder" anxiety disorder , it is not going to be cured, Do not let yourself to even think it, You can learn to respond to stress, and that all. There is not miracle cure but there is a lot we can do to help ourselves . good luck in your journey to good health
    I actually like your story about overprotective mother. I am the was the one ,.........yeah it can be difficult to deal with it,
    I am happy you are here not to steel people money but help them for a fee, Fair enough
    Dahila,

Thank you for the encouragement regarding my recovery and your reply. You state you've been dealing with anxiety for over 55 years now. I can only look at you with a great deal of admiration and respect. I'm not sure of the degree of your anxiety, but if it anywhere near what I was going through, I admire you greatly for persevering for such a long period of time. It would take a very, very strong person to do that. I cannot say for myself that I believe I could've endured my symptoms for that long, as I was feeling suicidal after just going through it for four years.

Regarding your statement about me trying to be a psychologist - no, I am no psychologist and I'm not trying to be one. However, in my quest to return to the healthy person I once was, I have spent a great deal of time learning about anxiety. What I have learned is that all chronic anxiety sufferers (not caused by medical reasons) have unhealthy learned behaviors at their core. These belief systems cause us to behave apprehensively for too often, which causes our bodies to release stress hormones into our bloodstreams too often. Over time, this can turn into a disorder. Our bodies become "hyperstimulated" and start producing many symptoms on their own. Most people worry about these symptoms, which in turn causes our bodies to produce more hormones, and then the cycle repeats itself. It's like pouring gasoline on a fire. Most chronic anxiety sufferers get trapped this way, and so did I. Your parents may not have caused your trauma, but the fact that you did experience some sort of trauma at a young age tells me that this probably caused you to develop some unhealthy thinking patterns about yourself and/or the world that caused significant anxiety. This is common for those who suffer from trauma.

I am happy to hear that meditation has helped you over the years. I do the same each day, only I call it "relaxing my body". Meditation/relaxing is very beneficial to our bodies and minds. In fact, this is one of the silver bullets to eliminating a hyperstimulated body. However, if we haven't dealt with our underlying unhealthy thinking patterns, we will always struggle with anxiety disorder because unhealthy thinking is at the root of anxiety disorders. And yes, stress reduction is how we calm our bodies down over time - through relaxation, listening to music, taking a warm bath, exercise, enjoying a hobby, avoiding caffeine, and many many other ways. These are all beneficial to the body, but again - if we don't resolve our underlying unhealthy thinking patterns and beliefs, we will continue to struggle.

Yes, I am not extremely active on these forums, but I try to help when I can.

I disagree wholeheartedly that it is not possible to recover from an anxiety disorder. You may not have recovered from yours yet, but just because you haven't doesn't mean it is not possible. I know of many, many people that have overcome anxiety disorder and returned to normal health without the use of medication. I see it all the time with sufferers on anxietycentre as they work out their recovery. It is just a matter of having the right information, help dedication, and support. I don't believe you have all the information here Dahila. You have a belief system that "it's not possible to overcome anxiety disorder and return to normal health". What would you say to those who have gone from having panic attacks every day, depersonalization, brain fog, extreme fatigue, muscle tension, tingling in heir hands and feet, crazy thoughts, and all the other symptoms that anxiety disorders can cause, to not experiencing any of them anymore? How is that not recovery? Would you tell these people that Its all in their head?

You also say that you are "old and set in your ways". Maybe this is the problem that needs to be corrected.

Yes, you cannot get rid of anxiety period, nor do we want to. Anxiety is built in all of us, and it can be a good thing. Anxiety alerts us in times of danger, such as if a car is speeding head on towards us and getting ready to hit us. It prepares our bodies and minds for action. Anxiety is different from an anxiety disorder though, where anxiety disorder causes symptoms to impact us and impede with our normal lifestyles. This is what we can recover from. This what I have nearly recovered from after many years of struggling. It is not all in my head.

Thanks it is a nice reply, very warm, Thanks. Well I had to add that I was very , very sick child having asthma attacks daily sometimes twice, it was based on allergies. The medications they gave me added to anxiety, ie Ephedrine is causing a lot of side effects, It was just one of them. I took tons. Constant stay in hospitals that did not even have children ward, did not help at all. I am dealing with my anxiety. It was much worse. You have no idea how bad. Meditation was a tool that help me to raise my kids. I am very strong. I am not doubts about it.
    With the age comes understanding, cause you observe yourself for so long...... I had
    I do believe that anxiety disorder Not to mistake with occasional anxiety every one have in stressful situation, ; you learn to better respond, to control the stress you allowed yourself to be exposed.
    My salvation are my hobbies my books, this forum helped me a lot, a lot. Seeing that you are not alone in struggle ; helps
    Control and not control let the anxiety come and let it go, it does not change anything. Easy to say, difficult to do. Practise made a master, in anxiety wars too. You are going to get better, you are determined, that's the most important Determination and , being kind to yourself We tend to be our worst judges.
    Good luck RTR as you noticed English is my second language, so forgive so many grammar mistakes
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

tá» 2 usd hình con chó - tiá»n lì xì tết HOT 2018

k there mister we have 2 kids on the beach hot 2018 k

reported...........
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by iwanttobeok View Post
    k there mister we have 2 kids on the beach hot 2018 k
    If that's the translation, is this some pedo spam??
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Either that or some really cringe bot that happened to generate that weirdo string ;(

I'm not sure D implied one cannot recover from an anxiety disorder, although I have not read all the text in here. I only speak up for D because I know well the context that D speaks from when implying that one cannot be CURED from Anxiety. I completely agree with the latter as anxiety is inherent in all of us. It's not the big monster most people make it out to be. Sure ... it's disabling - but to speak of it as some kind of disease, well that's just creating one's own suffering. Anxiety is as natural as the hair on our bodies. Only trouble is, we live in a world that is constantly trying to do away with the natural order of things.
    Last edited by Ponder; 07-01-2017 at 06:29 AM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by iwanttobeok View Post
    Either that or some really cringe bot that happened to generate that weirdo string ;(
    We get ones like that from time to time. The translations I often find amusing. Is a shame we cant lock em all in one room and write them off as no more than a quizz game.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/