Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

Quote Originally Posted by anxiety_social View Post
    Not sure, though

Right now, I'm about to change my environment --- decided to pack up and go sailing, joining a crew on a boat, and just sail around, aimlessly

Anything to get away from isolation and loneliness
    How's that coming along, anx_s?

Hi, btw!

Quote Originally Posted by martin05 View Post
    How's that coming along, anx_s?

Hi, btw!
    Hi

Changed my mind.

With my current condition (depression and anxiety), a sailboat is the LAST place I should be.

Middle of the ocean..........with nowhere to go. What happens if things don't work out, and/or I don't get along with the other people on the boat??

So, that idea is out the window

Jump out and go for a swim. I hear it's a great form of exercise that many highly esteemed scientists are now saying is great for depression and anxiety.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

LOL@this conversation!

Welcome to the forum, anxiety_social

Oh I already said that but anyway, welcome again.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Yeah, you did. Thanks

Although, I'm already regretting posting here. This forum only seems to attract jokers and what-not. Apparently, an issue as serious as depression or anxiety can only be met with idiocy and amusement by those who frequent this forum

Well, I am sorry you have anxiety and depression. Some of us know only too well how difficult it can be.

Does anything seem to help your depression and anxiety?

Yeah, you did. Thanks

Although, I'm already regretting posting here. This forum only seems to attract jokers and what-not. Apparently, an issue as serious as depression or anxiety can only be met with idiocy and amusement by those who frequent this forum
    Laughter is one of the things that's saved my life
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Yeah, you did. Thanks

Sometimes it pays to look on the bright side by highlighting areas in our life that only attract negative thoughts. Anxiety & Depression are treated in whatever way suffers choose to do so in this forum. None of us our perfect and indeed ... many of us are not on the same page ... but for the most part this forum seems to do a good job with supporting members that support themselves.

I appreciate the humor in others even when I don't understand. It's better than the alternative.

My posts are reportedly more a tangent that's considered rather serious in nature. I can accommodate getting serious if you so wish.

How deep a hole would you like to dig? I'll jump in if you think it will help.

Try to focus on what's caught up within, rather than the jokers to which you refer.

So what's ailing you?
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Yeah, you did. Thanks

Welcome and joking really help to distance yourself a bit, No one here is ignoring you, but i am sensing drama queen here
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore