Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: New Medication

New Medication

After bouncing between different meds for anxiety that didn't work or had bad side effects I was prescribe Buspar about 2 months ago. Knock on wood it has been doing pretty good but I can't sleep. So today I was prescribed a low dose of Amitriptyline in addition to the Buspar. It is to help with my sleep and also a kicker for my anxiety. Does anyone have any comments about Amitriptyline? It is an older drug and I have never heard of it. Any input would be great

If I took more than a little bit of Buspar, it gave me insomnia too. My Lexapro helps me sleep. Yes, amitriptyline is one of the older antidepressants but I don't know much about it.
    There are so many more out there and that one is rarely used. But, it may be helpful for sleep.

Thanks Annie. I took it last night for the 1st time
    at a low dose and I at least got some sleep which is good

Goodluck tcme64!

Hi I've been on many different meds and I am on diazepam the anti depressants didn't help me so they have proscribed diazepam to try and help me i find it very difficult to leave my home wether I'm taking the drug or not i suffer panic attacks When I have to go out even to the doctors or to see the psychologist it's just out of control at the moment I just can't cope being out in public I struggle to talk sensibly