Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Essential Oils?

Essential Oils?

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried essential oils and had any luck?

Do not touch them without herbalist , very good herbalist, Essential oils are potent and do more harm than benefits in hands of someone who does not have knowledge......
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Check out https://www.google.com.au/search?cli...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 with a comprehensive list at http://articles.mercola.com/herbal-oils.aspx

For anxiety, passionflower (as directed, or 1 drop in a cup of warm water, 4 times daily; view http://altmedicine.about.com/od/anxi...efits.htm?nl=1 ) may be helpful, short term.

Google the hazards of any essential oils intended for internal consumption, and they should be diluted with at least 10 times their volume of a carrier oil, such as coconut oil, or olive oil, and tested first on the skin for 15 mns, then, if OK, a little on the lips for 15 mns, in case of adverse reaction.
    Last edited by Nowuccas; 01-20-2016 at 04:05 AM.

Nwucass what are you talking about. Essential oils must be dissolved in carrier oil , otherwise they will do a huge damage to the body. I work with them for over 30 years, at least that long and do not take any essential oil internally, never without the care of Certified herbalist. They do not dissolve in water

Essential oils are not to be taken lightly , I had not seen Nowuccas but you added about dissolving in carrier oil. Coconut is not good due being a hard oil. One drop of ESSential oil can burn your throat , use them Dissolved in carrier oil only for massage
    Last edited by Dahila; 01-20-2016 at 10:03 AM.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Essential oils actually work with anxiety. It has a remarkable effect against some antidepressants, anxiety without leaving any side effects!

I suspected that until I tried lavender essential oil and after a few days it made me relax and reduce anxiety. Then I can sleep easily. That motivates me to learn about the real effect of essential oils in general and I am amazed at its tremendous effect not only on anxiety, but also on depression and neurological problems.

I hope someone will find something useful in my post synthesis below (It's really worth reading)

StayHealthyWaysdotcom/essential-oils-for-anxiety/