Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

How to get friends of the same interest in real life?

I used to have multiple friends in real life, but now I currently have absolutely no friends. I don't know how to gain friends anymore, please help?

Hi Vanilla. Perhaps letting people know a little about yourself might help them to answer your question - OR - getting to know more about yourself might help you understand others.

May I ask how did you find this forum and would you mind sharing what you feel your barriers are?
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Hi Vanilla! I've been a loner for most of my life but, having talked to other people, I find the best way to gain friends is to pursue your hobbies. What are you hobbies? It's far easier to make friends when you have something in common, something you can discuss without the conversation getting awkward. People come and go but you will find friends you can count on. It just takes time. If you are pursuing your dream, the journey you take will definitely bring you in contact with like-minded people. Hope these help give you an idea of where to go.

Also remember that quality over quantity is important! You can get people to ask you questions about a shirt with pictures of your hobby or other such memorabilia. It can be hard for some people to stay themselves after they feel compelled to change for certain people, but know that more people than you realize may actually admire you!

Vanilla, have you tried going to some mental health social clubs? I have in the past, and I've met a lot of cool people there. I even became best friends with one person, a person who I met at a small mental health social club and support group.