Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Hi There! New to AF

Hello there. My name is Shan. I've been struggling with anxiety since I was in 4th grade. And now, as I still struggle, it's evolved into something more painful and annoying. I really can't talk to my parents, because they always feel I can just shake it off or turn it off and then I'll be fine. I thought joining a forum could help me talk to people who actually know what I'm going through.
    Happy to join.

Welcome to the forum Musicmaker. Whether it's mum, dad, or family siblings - those closest to us are often the last to really understand who we really are. At least that is how I have come to see things in my imperfect world. Joining a forum can be a good way to unload with the added bonus of being understood with like minded folk; despite our differences.

Always nice to see new members joining. Keep posting - in your own time of course.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Hi and welcome! I recently joined the forum too. I also agree that parents don't really understand. Just as most families are the reason for dashed dreams, they aren't the best when it comes to being supportive when you need it the most. I will also agree that talking helps tremendously. I'd be in a lot worse situation if I kept all my problems bottled inside of me.