Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Buspar

Buspar

Well sadly Wellbutrin failed me for GAD. Horrible side effects. My doctor wants me to try Buspar. Anybody have experience with this medicine?

I don't know why your doctor doesn't give you an SSRI antidepressant, like Lexapro, which works pretty well for anxiety. Buspar is a good addition to that. What I found is that I had to take the Buspar 2-3 times per day because it has a short half-life and wears off. I take Lexapro and it helps considerably for my anxiety. Wellbutrin was awful for me too. Too much insomnia.

Thanks Anne. I have tried Lexapro and a few others in that class. They just didn't work well at all. Plus I hated the sexual side effect. Having an orgasm was impossible. Buspar is not to have as bad of sexual side effects. I will give this Buspar a try and if I need to maybe try a low dose of Lexapro. The Wellbutrin made me very dizzy, shaky and my anxiety got worse. I was hoping it would work but NO GO!! Anxiety stinks.

For what it's worth, Buspar did work moderately well for me. It took about 1 week before it really started to shine.

However I dropped it a long time ago for other reasons. Mostly because I couldn't afford it anymore after I lost health insurance.