Quote Originally Posted by mrslizzyg View Post
I am very much for and against benzos like clonazepam. That drug itself, made me forget I had taken any, and I KEPT taking them without knowledge- I finished half a bottle. I lost 2 days of my life.. I went to work and was weird, ran out of gas in my car, and lost my wallet in these days. I had people around me who cared any helped but it was crazy.

BUT... while I was getting treated by a Psychologist,I was put on Xanax XR, which means it is released over a 12 hour period instead of all at once, and given xanax itself .5mg for panic attacks ONLY. I stuck to this regimen strictly and it changed my life until eventually I was taken off both- a few weeks ago I finished my last dose of the XR, about a month ago I took my last regular xanax.

I'm not sure if clonazepam comes in an XR... but I feel like it worth discussing. It wasn't SUPER easy to come off this drug me it kept me from feeling the anxiety or taking too much of it. If not, xanax is also a benzo and might help.

Just a thought.
Did you have any withdrawals coming off Xanax XR? Did you taper down? How long were you on it?

I only ask because Xanax is probably the most addictive benzo I've ever seen. I see people get hooked on those in as little as 4 days.