Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clonazepam

Clonazepam

I'm really struggling. I've never been on medication before other than occasional penicillin and Tylenol. I had an experience in august where a new dr I put trust in put me on blood pressure medication when I don't have high blood pressure. It almost killed me. Since then I have daily constant anxiety. I've also become a hypochondriac. I'm terrified of everything and constantly feel aches and things in my body and become paranoid. I was given 2 strengths of clonazepam. 1st .5 mg which I couldn't bring myself to take. Discussed it with my Dr and she recommended trying .25 mg orally disintegrating tablets. I just stare at the bottle almost crippled with fear of taking them. I have all of these feelings all day long. Dizzy, lightheaded, stomach in knots, etc. I just am overcome with worry at the thought of adding more to this via side effects. I am in the weeds and fast becoming hopeless. I dont know what to do. I'm asking for opinions, experience, guidance, etc. please help if you can.

If it helps, I have taken clonazepam in that dose and felt very little effect. In my experience it is a mild medication. Try one of the .25 doses before bed, you might be pleasantly surprised.

I'm working up to it. I was also given viibryd but keep reading bad things about it. Maybe I'm just not going to be able to overcome this. It sucks to think of spending the rest of my life feeling like this.

I just read that Viibryd is used for major depressive disorder. Clonazepam is used for anxiety. Which do you have more of and need treated? I use Lexapro as it has the least side effects of the antidepressants and is generally well tolerated. I have found it to be more than helpful as I need it to manage my anxiety. I also take something similar to clonazepam because the anxiety was just too much for me.

Mine is total anxiety and panic. I was told viibryd was for anxiety.

My wife is a long time pharmacist and she said the medication Viibryd has been used mainly for depression in her experience.

I have been on it for several years. Take it 2 times a day. Worked well for my anxiety. I really had no side effects. Give it an honest try

I am very much for and against benzos like clonazepam. That drug itself, made me forget I had taken any, and I KEPT taking them without knowledge- I finished half a bottle. I lost 2 days of my life.. I went to work and was weird, ran out of gas in my car, and lost my wallet in these days. I had people around me who cared any helped but it was crazy.

BUT... while I was getting treated by a Psychologist,I was put on Xanax XR, which means it is released over a 12 hour period instead of all at once, and given xanax itself .5mg for panic attacks ONLY. I stuck to this regimen strictly and it changed my life until eventually I was taken off both- a few weeks ago I finished my last dose of the XR, about a month ago I took my last regular xanax.

I'm not sure if clonazepam comes in an XR... but I feel like it worth discussing. It wasn't SUPER easy to come off this drug me it kept me from feeling the anxiety or taking too much of it. If not, xanax is also a benzo and might help.

Just a thought.
    "I've got 99 problems and 93 of them are completely made up scenarios in my head that I'm stressed about for absolutely no logical reason."

Quote Originally Posted by mrslizzyg View Post
    I am very much for and against benzos like clonazepam. That drug itself, made me forget I had taken any, and I KEPT taking them without knowledge- I finished half a bottle. I lost 2 days of my life.. I went to work and was weird, ran out of gas in my car, and lost my wallet in these days. I had people around me who cared any helped but it was crazy.

BUT... while I was getting treated by a Psychologist,I was put on Xanax XR, which means it is released over a 12 hour period instead of all at once, and given xanax itself .5mg for panic attacks ONLY. I stuck to this regimen strictly and it changed my life until eventually I was taken off both- a few weeks ago I finished my last dose of the XR, about a month ago I took my last regular xanax.

I'm not sure if clonazepam comes in an XR... but I feel like it worth discussing. It wasn't SUPER easy to come off this drug me it kept me from feeling the anxiety or taking too much of it. If not, xanax is also a benzo and might help.

Just a thought.
    Did you have any withdrawals coming off Xanax XR? Did you taper down? How long were you on it?

I only ask because Xanax is probably the most addictive benzo I've ever seen. I see people get hooked on those in as little as 4 days.

Hi my son I's on clonazepam among other medication for his dravet syndrome he's been prescribed it for many years he's on about 8 mg a day and the only side affect he suffers I's heavy legs but as I said hes been a long term user of the drug he's more than became used to the drug don't know if this is any help for you after being on the drug side affect go as you adjust to the medicine good luck with your search for the correct one for you all the best twichard