Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Post Hello all new member here

My name is Sam Ivey

I'm an 18 year old male who in the last year has encountered a high level of anxiety

I suppose a lot of this anxiety has built up from unfortunate events such as my father's attempt on his life and generally depressive mannerisms. But I feel that the wider impacts of this have been very damaging to my mental well being. As a result of bullying in high school etc. I admit I've always been a bit of a self loather but more recently I've been plagued frustrating obsessive thoughts that don't seem to go away and get gradually more destructive. As you can imagine this is not a very good thing to have going for you heading into A level examinations so any advice that could be given would be greatly appreciated. If I were to describe myself I would say that I'm a friendly person who is always up for friendly conversation and wouldn't mind talking with anyone in the same boat as me so feel free to message should you wish to.

Thanks all for reading!

Welcome Sam

I was bullied in high school and to this day I still remember my bullies names and forgot the names of people that were kind to me. Its a shame that sometimes the bad overshadows the good even if the bad was much less. Intrusive thoughts can wear down at your resolve, I know this well. I try to meditate and usually it works.

Good luck with your exams and hope you find support here.

Thankyou ��

Hi. My name is Katy. This is my first time on here and I'm not really sure what I'm doing, but that's alright I guess.
    I came on here in a desperate attempt to calm myself down and find somebody that I could relate to. It's 11:15pm and I have school tomorrow. I've been off for two weeks because of Easter break but before that I missed a month of school because I was just too anxious to leave the house. I'm terrified to go back tomorrow and have to deal with school for the next few weeks and I don't really know what to do.
    Maybe somebody on here can just relate to me, and we can make each other feel better. I hope I fit in here.
    That's it. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. Many of us have gone through difficult times in our life and sometimes we have to push onward and upward as we really have no choice in many instances anyway. Try to get some sort of support whether it is from family, friends. clergy, etc.

Hi and welcome Sam and Katy
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Hihi
    Welcome

One finger or two?
    Welcome to the crazy train..lol..choo choo!
    It's what your right hands for..