Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Please help ...anyone...gypsy, Kirk, panic, salvatore

I am at the stage where i walk with difficulty...too breathless and the meds for my heart and lungs are tough going. Anxiety is through the roof...starting to give up. Sleep has been affected. Someone suggested a small dose of seroquel for slčep. I am desperate...5 years of battling.this progressive terminal illness. Cardio is clueless says he doesnt have the relevant experience.

Hi there

Sorry to hear of your horrible condition. I don't suffer from health anxiety but anxiety is anxiety and must be dealt with.

Panic down under should be able to give you medication advice.

In your situation, what I would do is go out for a slow jog, say 15 minutes. Be sure to plan the course in advance so you have a definite goal. You won't feel like doing it but you must. When you complete the course still alive, it will help you realise how strong your lungs and heart are, enabling you to come off those unnecessary medications with their side effects.

You have nothing to lose by trying. Be brave

BB

Thanks Boo Bass. Unfortunately I don't have Health Anxiety in terms of imagined illness. I have Lupus, Pulmonary hypertension (pressures in lungs ) atrial fibrillations, obstructive sleep apnea, and past dvt. Sorry if I seem boring writing everyone out. I cant jog, although I would love to, and am awaiting home oxygen. Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply. hope all is ok with you. xx

I'm sorry I don't have the relevant experience to give you any advice. Just wanted to send some love and positive vibes.

Is it possible for you to see a new medical professional who has a better idea of what you're going through?

Hi Barb

Are you able to concentrate enough to read books? Or even listen to audiobooks? I don't have anything particular in mind (yet) but I've been reading more lately than I have in 20 years, and it definitely helps my anxiety.

Let me know and I might be able to come up with something for you. That's some heavy stuff you're dealing with

Take it easy..
    Gypsy x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

I've been on almost everything, but seroquel isn't one of them, so I don't know how that would work really. How did you make out with the Ativan? I thought that was going to help the most. I remember you were worried about addiction but you really should be fine.

I had a good friend that had Lupus so I am familiar with it from her. Maybe once you get the oxygen you will find some relief and be able to be a bit more active. I know she said living a sedentary life made he condition much worse.

I don't have much in the way of advice but I hope things improve for you.