Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red face Hi everyone! I'm Myla and I'm excited to connect with you all.

Hi everyone,

I had signed up for this before, but haven't really posted much. My anxiety has been extremely bad the past couple months. A good friend of mine, who was in good shape passed away from a stroke last Thanksgiving and my fear of dying spiked. I have anxiety for a few years now and there are times where I can deal with it much better and times where I just can't bare with it at all. It takes over my whole day. This time the physical symptoms are so bad.

Looking forward to meeting some of you and connecting. It'll definitely keep my mind occupied. And hopefully calm me down.

Hugs,

beachymg

Hi there Myla and welcome
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Quote Originally Posted by beachymg View Post
    Hi everyone,

I had signed up for this before, but haven't really posted much. My anxiety has been extremely bad the past couple months. A good friend of mine, who was in good shape passed away from a stroke last Thanksgiving and my fear of dying spiked. I have anxiety for a few years now and there are times where I can deal with it much better and times where I just can't bare with it at all. It takes over my whole day. This time the physical symptoms are so bad.

Looking forward to meeting some of you and connecting. It'll definitely keep my mind occupied. And hopefully calm me down.

Hugs,

beachymg
    Hi Myla
    From your description, you should talk to your doctor (or better yet your therapist if you're seeing one) about Panic Disorder, and ask him/her to contrast it for you with Anxiety Disorder. They are different. When I was first diagnosed they told me GAD. I didn't start to get better until I was diagnosed with Panic Disorder. Still have the occasional flare up, which is how I found this forum, but you can control it to the point where it doesn't take over your life. I was attack free for about 10 years until a minor health issue back in November triggered an attack. I've been mostly symptom free again for about a month now.

GAD and Panic are very similar, but there are some differences in triggers, symptoms, and treatments.

Welcome to the forum. I am older now at 60 and a friend of mine passed away last year at age 59 from Lymphoma and another former co-worker passed away at 55 from lung cancer. I don't like hearing of those things either. I could go on, but I won't as it will be depressing.

Welcome Myla. You wont go away empty handed. There's always something to find.

Here's to more bearable times.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Beachymg, you don't want to fear death too much because then you'll miss out on living.

I agree with MainerMikeBrown.

Quote Originally Posted by MainerMikeBrown View Post
    Beachymg, you don't want to fear death too much because then you'll miss out on living.
    That's great advice, but the problem is that is kinda the definition of panic disorder. While triggers can differ, it's often health related. In my case (and it sounds like hers as well) you fixate on dying. So that's kinda like telling a depressed person to just look on the bright side of things.

The human mind in many instances is more geared toward the negative and it takes extra work to get your mind to go to the positive side.

I still remember those days that I suffered like you. It was terrible.