Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by martin05 View Post
    Was it Freud that said that's how we develop our sexual preferences, through how our parents were?

Any way, do you have a good link to the M-B test? I'll give it a try.
    Freud said everything comes down to sex. I told him he was a typical male..

This one is pretty good I think: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Actually that might be the shit test. Anyway this is me:

INTJ PERSONALITY (“THE ARCHITECT”)

It’s lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, INTJs know this all too well. INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population– it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the INTJ personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

I've taken this test about 20 times using different sources, to be sure of the type
    Last edited by gypsylee; 04-22-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    Actually that might be the shit test. Anyway this is me:

INTJ PERSONALITY (“THE ARCHITECT”)

It’s lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, INTJs know this all too well. INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population– it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the INTJ personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

I've taken this test about 20 times using different sources, to be sure of the type
    That's legit.

Ponder couldn't hack you. Every time he was on a thread with you, he found your presence too intense and so ran away with his tail between his legs. Panic also seems to feel his manhood is threatened whenever you're around.

Quote Originally Posted by martin05 View Post
    That's legit.

Ponder couldn't hack you. Every time he was on a thread with you, he found your presence too intense and so ran away with his tail between his legs. Panic also seems to feel his manhood is threatened whenever you're around.
    They fear my relentless intellectualism

Self diagnosis is not a good idea. Diagnosis, if any is warranted, should be left to the professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Self diagnosis is not a good idea. Diagnosis, if any is warranted, should be left to the professionals.
    Actually J.T. these are just goofy personality tests, not self diagnosis for mental illness.

I'm not even sure I trust professionals for diagnosis although they can only act from what the patient tells them and many patients are bad at expressing themselves.

I've only really understood my own mental illness since being in jail for over 2 years, and how it affected all my actions leading up to my arrest. Ni excuse though, the present moment is all that matters and I'm still breathing.

I agree with you that some so called professionals are little to no help at all. For example, I have suffered off and on with health anxiety for many years. I once saw a psychiatrist who asked me why I feel the way I do. I felt like saying if I knew that answer, I would not be coming to see you. I did not see him for long as he was a waste of my time and money.

All psychiatrists and therapists ever did was waste my money. I kid you not; the medical professionals I've seen used to 'waffle' back and forth on their diagnosis so many times and it used to infuriate me, until I began to realize that they didn't actually have a clue what I had, or how to treat me. They were always just guessing and using trial and error. I would rather go-it-alone. Seems to me they only solution was always psych meds. Also.. I am not good at all at expressing myself correctly/thoroughly I admit it, ESPECIALLY when I am in emotional distress. The oxymoron in that is, I was seeing the therapist BECAUSE I am in mental distress, if I weren't in distress I would need to bee seen in the first place?!?!

I do like these silly tests (like the one I took about being and Empath), sometimes they can be helpful even in some small way, but I don't take them too seriously. Okay, I did get an online psychic reading once and was devastated at the results. LOL