Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Freudian Personality Test - Self-Assessment Quiz

What do you think about personality test apps? I bought Freudian test on App Store, it seems legit. I believe it was worth the money. Is there anyone who could give me their professional opinion?

Freudian Personality Test - Self-Assessment Quiz: itunes.apple.com/us/app/freudian-personality-test-self-assessment-quiz/id1225931061?ls=1&mt=8

I may be wrong, but I believe such things should be left to the professionals trained in such tests. Any self diagnosis based on some test may not be accurate and may bring
    on unnecessary stress.

Could you give like two sample questions here?

Freudian stuff belongs to psychotherapy which personally I think works crap for mental health issues. OK for people with correctable personality problems. Even if I discover I had a crush on my own mother, it is not going to help me with my current anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Bass View Post
    Even if I discover I had a crush on my own mother, it is not going to help me with my current anxiety.
    True, but it'd bring a new edginess to masturbation.

I kid!

Quote Originally Posted by martin05 View Post
    True, but it'd bring a new edginess to masturbation.

I kid!
    Your personality test result = Sick Freak.

I like the Myers-Briggs personality test, which is based on Jungian psychology.
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Quote Originally Posted by gypsylee View Post
    Your personality test result = Sick Freak.

I like the Myers-Briggs personality test, which is based on Jungian psychology.
    Was it Freud that said that's how we develop our sexual preferences, through how our parents were?

Any way, do you have a good link to the M-B test? I'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by martin05 View Post
    Was it Freud that said that's how we develop our sexual preferences, through how our parents were?

Any way, do you have a good link to the M-B test? I'll give it a try.
    Freud said everything comes down to sex. I told him he was a typical male..

This one is pretty good I think: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I just did the Myers Briggs online test

didn't understand the result but I think I'm a sick freak

Haha! There are heaps of Myers-Briggs tests online and some definitely give a better explanation than others. Once you've got your "type" you can just look that up.. Although I got my daughter to do one once and the result itself was ridiculous (I mean, I know her pretty well). So I got her to take a different one and it was much more accurate. So you might need to try a few. The questions are annoying but I do think it's a good personality test.

As for the Sick Freak type.. Only Martin gets that

Im about to quote Claire Weekes here, but she said psychotherapy was all about finding a cause for your problem in the mistaken belief that finding it will make you better. Although it might be interesting to discover that your parents didn't love you enough as a child, it has rarely helped a patient recover. What with CBT and now ACT, its amazing anyone still practices this quackery. I had a few sessions in the 90s and it was expensive, by about session 4 I had sussed out the guy was just after my money and I told him so, he wasn't very pleased and said if that was true our relationship would fall apart, which it did. For weeks after he sent me nasty letters claiming I owed him money, he had forgotten that I insisted on paying him each time when his strategy was not to take money first time so that you were always in his debt. Nasty piece of work.