Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

anxiety or just excuses?

I started dating someone who claimed to have bad anxiety, I'm bashing those w/anxiety as I suffer from it as well. I really like this guy, but I'm starting to wonder if I should just go nc and completely forget him. Anyways his behavior has been super erratic, hot cold etc. I have experienced when guys aren't into me and usually if they are not they just disappear and this guy hasn't. He ended up lying to me about deleting his social media, he actually blocked, claiming due to paranoia he blocks people he hardly knows due to drama in the past. Atm he is busy travelling for work (the nature of his job). I really want to have something w/him, the connection was pretty amazing, but I also want to keep my sanity and make sure he isn't playing me for a total fool. Does this behavior mirror severe anxiety?

Does it matter? If you date him and it doesn't work out, can't you just break up and move on? If it works out than it was good, right? As long as he treats you with respect.

What I want to know is what you said he "claimed to have bad anxiety". Are you implying he is using anxiety as an excuse and really hiding something from you?