Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
    wow, I was going to ask about the oldest. The bride is so tiny, they look beautiful. If I did not know you I would think you are very happy there, Lisa is. Which is excellent for her, as much good moments as long as it lasts. I hope it is going to be long time, and sending her the best vibes.
    I do remember the situation with the judge.
    My dear daughter went through process like that, it took years for her to recover to get to accept herself, she is now very calm and doing very well So is my grandchild with excellent mom till next time
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I thinks it's still going to be a case of mummy's and daddy's fault for a while yet with that one. We have all been through that to some degree. Thankfully we have mended the bridge enough that either of us can ring the other. Glad to hear your daughter has come out the other side with well balance grand child and of course ... grandmother.

I've started doing my digital train set. It's like painting in 3D ... then I get to take a virtual ride through the world I create. More on that later:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Grandson is adjusting to the cast and broken bone well enough. Both Lisa and I had Vegan Pizza over at our daughters. Her Shout.

It looks awesome, why I do not have games like that?
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Seeing as I can't really answer that question, I'll take it as a statement. It's the third intense game in a row in as many weeks. lol Farm Simulator 17, Train Simulator 2018 and now TrainZ A New Ea. The latter is more like a full demo version for me that allows me to create routes but unable to drive any routes other than those I create. I like the game very much and intend to purchase when I have funds. That way I can download routes and install more assets which will allow me to work with more models.

On other fronts ... hmmm ... damn cyst like pimple or whatever it is in the middle of my tongue is getting annoying. The doc wants another week of oral hygiene treatments before making her next move. Been like a month for me and next time I attend appointment will be two weeks seeing the doctor. I ask for it to be lasered but she said a few more tests before referral to surgeon.

Going to have a break tomorrow. Day to myself ... will catch up on my own chores.

Back in full swing with mentoring program - have to wait another 2 weeks before applying for next mental health plan. Then can work on finishing DX re Adult ASD. Once that is done my support worker, psychologist will assist with application re NDIS which will further assist with more plans re mental health. I've got a lot of info to sort through but Lisa is helping me with that too. The way things are going, the little fella looks like he will be getting assistance too. It's a fight that like things in this life ... but we have been doing for so long ... we'll fight to meet the needs in order to receive!!! Is not about a white picket fence any more - you got to fight tooth and nail to fit the requirement as hand outs these welfare payments no longer be. Alas ... we let those sheep think and preach welfare mentality sermons if doing so floats their boat. Just not in my earshot as I'll debunk that projection quick smart.

"Hi how you doing?" is more open as opposed to 'What do you do!" The latter an oppressive view point that plays into the welfare mentality sermon. Sigh ... The more they post question filled with judgment, the more people who will be applying for benefits. Go figure. : ) ... I'm just an observer because I no longer play the game. I'm just jumping through hoops from here on out. I suggest others start doing the same. Is easy to let go of all that drama ... all the BS about economic and social status. As long as you can pay rent, eat and get from A to B ... there's really not much else you need. Anything else is just a bonus or in many cases ... a ball and chain.

You know ... when I ask the old codger 'How you doing?' and then replied to his BS question 'What do you" with "I do nothing!" He match my sarcasm with more bitterness than I could muster as I was kind of smiling while he just got more narky.

Any suggestions D for how I handle these judging questions when I go to say hello?

I mean like "SO What do you do?"

Grumpy Old Bastards:

How about "I do lots of things ... none of which will satisfy you." lol I think not.

We can do better than that D ???

What do you think? ← Perhaps a counter question.

I know ... "Srry I did not realise this was a J-O-B Interview?"
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-10-2018 at 02:25 AM.

Just purging ... ZZZZZZZZZZZ been looking into spiritual healing D. Yet again. It's a cycle. : ) You know me. Talk more later.

no just smile, and say, I do a lot of different things, and what DO you do? this is how I talk about what I do , when not with my customers, they already know what I do
    I like to play dumb; How do you do ?
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Mental Illness & Spiritual Healing Techniques

Thx D Sounds like good advice. Glad I asked. Subconsciously I think I was prepping a topic on the value we place on ourselves and others. In that regard our Society is pretty much that hollow barrel/drum you mentioned earlier. Knock Knock? : )

I had a little 15 minute quite meditation this morning. One of those ones where it's just about no thoughts at all. I woke up really tired this morning. Although on time for my healthy routine (5am) I decided meditation would sit better than forcing myself to do my one hour long walk. I reasoned I have drained myself a lot over the last few days re other people whilst focusing on my new bout of routine. The meditation seems to of worked. Thankfully my past efforts which although spasmodic in short periods do in fact add up over time as long as I keep returning to said practice as I do with all those things I actually like. I know what works and meditation is high on that list. Sigh ... and smiles at the same time.

Yea ... like I said before I am back into Spiritual Healing at the moment. Connecting the dots. Just like going back to what works - I am finding the process a little easier and more effective each time I come back to it. Just was well I am more able to let the conflicts slide; there are many in the spiritual world as there is to relgion and worldly ideals; just not as dogmatic.

Reiki is my focus atm, although there seems to be just as much a consumerist market to that ... as say Yoga and the like. For many its more about rubbing their hands together as if making a genie pop out of the bottle. Warning bells go off with the Law of Attraction doctrine now popping up with its distorted perception on well being and prosperity. Hmmm Perhaps spirituality today is = in its conflicts to religion and world ideals? I know the term GOD is completely worn out. Alas my own perception is exactly that ... my own! I sift out the word GOD and all related biblical stories from various presenters over the web and still find a lot of insight to be had. In some ways I think the confusion is as meant to be. It's all in the sifting ... the journey so to speak. The latter cliche now being as worn out as GOD.

Seeing Auras - is also on the cards but is very hard see past the quackery and misguided reasons people wish to see. This kind of brings me back to this issue of filtering out our distorted perceptions of why we are even bothering to seek as we do. What is it that we are running from and or tuning to? Yadda yadda ... perhaps comes back to the hollow barrel when trying to fathom why it is that we do what we do. QUICK FIX comes to mind with the many out there talking to the talk Vs walking the walk yet to even think in such terms is a judgement approach which then is a closed mind that shuts out the truth. I think now of the symbol Distant Healing with the context of past and future being an illusion with intention being more the point of focus that defines the here and now. Yea ... that works well for me. That flash of insight is a combination of concepts throughout Reiki, Mindfulness, Buddhism, down to authors such a Tolle himself.

...but like I say there is a LOT of conflicts to sift through and whilst many of those be attributed to personal bias through lived experience ... there are some worth mentioning that I feel cross the spectrum that effect the many.

For instance you know how Metta Meditation is about the fostering of gratitude? (rhetorical no need to answer - although please feel free if you so wish : ) ) - what about those of us that have no one in our lives to hold up like that? Yes I have my grandson and he is for sure my current source of gratitude. I did not always have him and I have not forgotten what it's like to have no one. Mental Illness & Spiritual Healing Techniques is something of a void with respect to finding helpful information on; as in for those of us grappling with the basics on the practicing itself.

An example would be teaching people the power of gratitude through the understanding if how such a state of mind holds no room for negative patterns of thought. All to often we are asked to think of someone we love or someone that that warms our hearts for all the good they bring to our lives. I say all to often because I am not one of the mass individuals looking into this spectrum of self help from a positions of wealth. hmmm ... to better understand that read on → Comes back to club mentality / industry / - I know I keep repeating it due to all those hollow barrel images used to sell much of the commodity. This constant referral to bringing up loved ones does not account for the current cancer where so many of us are unable to see or feel this love so refereed to ... what then? Basically those of us affected like so tend to think - what a crock of shit! As long as no one is thinking in terms of people reaching out towards this healing as mentally affected with no one to call upon or no one in mind with this fostering of gratitude.

So there ... that's my point with "All to often we are asked to think of someone we love..." With the world and many of it's inhabitants being as toxic as it is and they be, is reason why I solely use nature when fostering gratitude ... to reach said healing states. It's hard to look at a sunset or sunrise whilst sustaining negative thoughts. Yes I do use my grandson - but at times this can be for me a trigger for angst - given what I know he will come to endure. The contrast in that is how I measure. They way I hold him in my thoughts and my wish to send him resilience in all it's healing forms. Again ... from a mental health perspective I feel there is a huge blinkered approach that does not account for current real world suffering. Both from an individuals core perspective to the current state of this planet.

I've reached my limit for this post. Hope you enjoyed some of that D or anyone else that's still reading me. Smiles to think of how others rate this as but a mere mood swing. A big huge smile in fact. : ) I feel much much better now. Thanks for reading.

Summery on the last bit that's quickly fading is how I also use spiritual concepts with methodologies such as EFT and all that it too ascribes to such as neurolinguistics, self hypnosis, re affirmations, regression techniques and like wise behavioral therapies all of which point towards identifying root causes. The quick fix mentality that drives the current market sees people today running from discomfort on all lvls which is why I reason I am seeing so many of the same twisted and miss guided perceptions re letting go of negativity in spiritual circles. So it is that Love and Light echos like someone knocking on a hollow drum. We nail this aspect in another post ... later on.

That's kind of finishing on another open topic for me:

I've pondered enough for this session.

Adios until next post. : )
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-10-2018 at 04:12 PM.

I still meditate, I like the appreciation meditation, compassion, and forgiveness,
    I am with you on reiki , reading aura, however you know that I do have some expierence (well not knowledge) in all of that. The thing I see the place people have something wrong, ie problem with heart will be dark spot under the chin, I see it when I meditate and take some clients. Lately not much of that. I do not want to waste energy unnecessarily.
    Someone must be special to me to get the reading. Reiki; why people need to label it and hocus focus all the time, I am not able to understand. If you have the power to help , just help without talking about it, just put your hand on the person..............well people make money on it,
    Going back up each time is a bit easier in my opinion. till next time
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Is good to hear you have your own system of healing D. I am thankful for the few that share their knowledge without all the associated business costs and so on. Knowledge for self healing where it's about helping people to help themselves so that they are NOT reliant on others is the education that should be for free. Where people go about helping themselves and like you say - if to help others, then just do it rather than refer have people shell out for courses. On that note there are some people I watch on Youtube whom I have learned quite a bit from. I am thankful for what I pick up. I don't necessarily always agree but I know that much of the time that can be as much about myself.

For instance this is a 20+ minute session on the power of Validating Oneself - or is as how I came to see it. More over the title is well suited for issues that often arise in forums like these:

I find it's more for the gleaning and there's a lot of polish and influencing techniques that I kind of I grimaced to get through which kind of makes this video even more for me. There is much in here that helps me to write without a care for what others think as much of what comes out for me is in fact self validation. Is not news to me, but is good to see others telling it similar. It's only when they sell it that it starts to lose it's shine. I don't know much about this presenter, and yet to see her asking for $$$ in the same way others press that issue with outstanding links and so on. Comes back to whats on offer and how it rings ... as well as whether one is ready to listen. I often get different messages from the same people depending on where I am at.