Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
    we have opposite, I would die in this temps, my suffering in high temps are terrible, I prefer winter but will no so frigid temps than summer, 52 C Jeez how can you survive it? yep @barrel I hear a lot of empty spaces here
    just look at the statistics how many people check us up
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

I don't know D ... I am doing my best to see the mid point of summer out. Each summer just keeps getting hotter! The sun has finally stopped rising higher in the mornings. (touch wood) The hardest part of summer not just the intense UV and Heat but the fact the sun is high very early. From a Circadian Perspective this is starting to effect me. This means walking at 7am (generally like to go around 5ish) in the morning can actually be uncomfortable if you missed a few days of walking or just plain not used to it. I let my self slip this summer and am feeling it early in the mornings past 7 am.

IMO this is driving more of us indoors. We have already been soften up with aircon tech from our cars, to malls and everywhere in between. In fact the power to drive this tech is outputting the ingredient that's heating the &^^$@ing planet up. As for renewable energy, our &^%!ed up country is still using coal!!! &^$!ing insane. Oh well.

I would do well to start getting back up early now. Especially since the sun is starting to slowly recede from those early stages of the day. I am a morning person and have been greatly effected with the sun beating down as hard as its been at those early points of the day.

See what happens ... I went for a walk first time since wedding. : ( and : )

Stats - meh ... but yea I get your meaning. People forget about the amount of people reading the forum point blank. Their just pissed using that forum activity BS excuse when directing their bitterns towards us because they don't like others who object or speak out. People know we are affected as well. It's why we are here. No offence intended D. We do not profess to be cured and nor to we preach anywhere near as claimed by these disgruntled sheep. We are just two worn out battle axed hardened freaks not afraid to say what's on our mind. Popularity contests and or being seen to fit the trend is not something that holds us back. The fact is there are a LOT of people out there hurting who are unable to speak, yet they understand us better than those hollow types. They are active through reading is all ... which for me is good enough. I am thankful for their presence!

Another way to say it ... is that yea ... I see the stats. I choose to see it more not of those that hate looking on ... but more as the silent majority reading on. In that way, I am more able to hone my words in a way that's more self healing than anything else. I know my cycles well and not afraid when others struggle with the use of 'mood' LOL - I get accused of that often ... but is OK ... I am now making more sense of it for all the hate. : )

Is a good cycle now in fact as like I say ... the sun I feel has yelled all it needs for this year. For sure there is a lot more to come of the next month to six weeks. Alas ... I just feel for this year at least ... we have sustained the brunt of it and now is time for me at least ... to get back outside and move on. In a way that only I know how. Perhaps time to start doing some more of me Vlog therapy vids.

Hmmm sounds like a plan.

Anyways ... thanks for once again becoming a little active yourself. Much appreciated D. It not the forum that's toxic. Its more about what we choose to take on. Yet ... I respect the form of trigger it can be dependent on where one is at in this &^%!ed up plane. I'm just trying to encourage you while yet respecting your needs.

just don't ware yourself out like I often do myself. That said ... getting back up seems automatic now. lol

All good.

Have a great day D and as well as all the others having a good read.

Adios ... until next post.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-07-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Hi I am finally rested and relaxed the temps went up so I am planing to go outside tomorrow, I will die of claustrophobia in house. Yes I think you are the best when go with the sun. I remember your pics at 5 oclock am, or the sunrise...
    I think there so many people who are in forum and are not desperate enough to ask for help or are so depressed that the do not ask.
    young people from anywhere 1- and up are suffering in this ****k** world. eh
    I am like IMS when you get older and stop carry at all the anxiety is slowly backing up. I have a problem to deal with stress as you do, I get irritated, upset, pissed, you name it,
    I do not smoke, drink or do drugs so there is no place for me to hide, just to talk to friends , do not have many of them who do understand anxiety and fear........Maybe most people do but they feel is is a weakness.
    I think people with anxiety or any other mental disabilities are the strongest, they survive against the odds. Day after day........
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

... but at what cost? Finding a system of feeling to get to the other side is where it's at for me. Is it worth it? What's on the other side?

Glad the temps are moving in a better direction. Cycles. : )

Just down at the one of the local mental health facility. The one I normally go to. lol at the recent comment suggesting that I must be mentally defective. It's usually those ones you just mentioned that state the obvious. : ) It's just opened back up after the Xmas break. Although I was having a break from attending towards the end of the year, I must admit I have been missing the encouraging notes, posters and so on about the place. Just now looking.

Not many folk here. Seem like there is an intake going on just to the left of me, whilst others are out in an outdoor activity. Monday's Group. Is usually a good group that one. One I have enjoyed most times I've gone. I just took a snap shot but will post edit back at home as was a quick snap due to not wanting to draw attention. No one is in it so I will post it later on. Just keeping records ... you know me D - Like to keep it real! Not much fake about me.

Thinking more about your responses - Is true for me when I ponder about those passing by. For those questioning forum activity and once again this includes those reading - this forum still hits up third down from the list on the first page of google. Go figure. Nothing wrong with this forums status when you factor this in.

Reality D - We can't blame those so sensitive to the terms anxiety and depression- but we can point the obvious out even if it falls on deaf ears. Better in than out - right? ← Edit - Prime example of my dyslexia getting the best of me ... no wonder I am missunderstood → better out than in is what I meant.

Yea - I know ... ZZZZZZZzzzzzz tired I understand - getting to that point where all that backed up pressure dulls the fear. Not quite as simple as that for it also obscures our perception as well - at least if I am to be honest. For the most part though our latest discussions have been on target for my liking. I just need to be careful or we ... that we don't dig the hole deeper than it already is creating unnecessary pain through too much focusing on what obviously does not work.

Sigh - I don't know. Just passing the time a little is all. did a long stretch looking after the little one who's been struggling with an illness the last couple of days. I think he is slowly getting better. I mostly do what I can to keep his spirits up as well as keep his systems evenly cooled during this insane heat. Sadly both him and his mother live in an old weatherboard hose that acts more like a sauna during this extreme season. Alas ... that too we are past the worse of. Will only get better from here on out.

Might go see the others as I believe I can now hear them - returns from their outdoor trip.

Whilst down here - I'll read some encouraging poems.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-07-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Where some of us go other than just using the forum to reach out:

Turns out there were no groups on. I was informed when one of the staff came out in the parking lot to see if I was alright after I decided to get up and go home. The peer workers were busy doing other things prepping for the weeks activities intended to start next week. They usually make it a habit to connect with people when they first walk in and offer up whatever help may or may not be desired or required. Despite the fact is can at times become rather clinical with the changes recently being made under the NDIS National Disability Insurance Shceme - the Peer Based work is not so bad when you feel the workers are genuine in their attempts. Way better than your average hospital and or mainstream government 1st line of defense re mental health. lol at the latter term. Mental Health on the NDIS is at best sketch for now. That said it does seem to be impacting the way these services are reaching out; despite claims "Nothing changes." What do I know ... I'm just a long time service user.

That said ... I'm not going to dis the service point blank. We need them more than ever! I am glad they exist. I just went on the very quiet day like when school opens back up but not holding classes. Going in and reading all the positive stuff on the walls was good for me. The positive stuff is not overly done either. I think they get that many of us are over all that. Had it been busy I would not of been able to pull off this shot. I've been wanting to snap one like this for a whiles. They only just moved into a new building. It's now government funded but not what I called 1st referral material. Most people before getting here have already gone through quite a few channels. Not always ... but mostly.

They do one to ones where like I say ... is facilitated by individuals that have lived experience in mental health issues rather than credentials solely based an intellectual capacity. That said - the peer workers are pretty clean and stable. Much more effective than that 1st line of defense I previously mentioned. Interns and complacent white coats that then lead to hard core peer workers not so clean and stable typically found at the first point of call Mental Health Service are places best left as stepping stones. The facility above is more about long term support for those who wish to help themselves. Completely voluntary and self referral. Others can recommend the place, but if your not into attending - then you probably wont.

I guess I am just highlighting that there are other places out there than just in here.

Even though the place was empty this day, I still felt a little recharged after walking out. The guy that hurried over to check on my in the car park when leaving also bolstered my hope for having attended. I made the previous post in a cool room using the communal PC and also made a coffee; my one and only for today. Hmmmm ... to hell with it I have one more.

"A place for poorly adjusted people with health and social issues" ... mmmmm ... narr I don't like the sound of that ... it's rather negative don't you think?

A place that accepts people for whom they be; not the labels others project. More over a place for individuals active in their recovery.

I must make appointment on the way out of GPs tomorrow for my new mental health plan which allows me so many visits to see the psychologist that also helps me.

Time to start perking up and affirming more of my usual plans. Nothing hypocrisy in that. hehe ...

Remember EFT - "Even though ... all this negative stuff ... I deeply and completely accept myself." Must also contact mentor and check appointments for that as well.

Yes D ... this year will be OK.
    __________________________________________________ __

That's today story. Happy to share.
    ~Ponder

I have a major snow storm but temps are ok so I am planning to go outside to get some fresh air, I had been reading about the heat wave in Australia it is so hot that roads are ruined, Jeez keep you and your family Safe!
    Good the little star is getting better.
    I remember 20 years ago saying that you have panic attack it was such stigma, now that is changing, I do not hide my anxiety anymore,
    I hate labels too. That place looks so very neat and inviting.
    The cost of surviving is high , that's true but we do it for our loved one. Do we not? If I was completely alone, I would be gone already. I know so many people depend on you which add to the stress and worry eh D. I am here
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

He broke his arm/elbow [fracture] yesterday after returning him home - No ones fault!!! (You know how people like to use this stuff against each other! Still I tell it like it is!) He is a little stick of Dynamite. My wife is amazing. I could not deal with hospital. Me enough problems lel alone little one's asd which took 5 people to hold him down for blood test last time round. In this issue my wife was the strong one. Our daughter is also doing a great job as well. I think the little one will now slow down a little more.

Thanks D you know me well ... yes the last few months have been very hard, but your right ... I am needed.

I go now as again am needed. Lot of support to give.

Thanks for yours D. Much appreciated. You have kept me smiling heaps these last few posts. Do they not realize they only make it worse for themselves when they attack us personal like so? Sigh ... Some mothers do have em I guess.

Other than a broken arm ... we are safe enough. Life goes on. Glad you got some crispy air to keep your mind in good stead.

Have a good day all.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-08-2018 at 03:21 PM.

yeah I know how it goes, my son started to get stitches at young age 10 months, He was like little one always moving, never calm and in one place, I thought he can be in few places at once. Thanks to my mom somehow I had raised him, however I got my portion of waiting in hospitals for his operation; open break on leg (jumping into moving car), wrist, and few others things. .........
    I told you before I do not know how you do it, without falling down. People do not know you or me they have no idea.........
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Well, those who stick around and take the time to read have all the opportunity to get to know us as I hold nothing back. What you said in that other thread re the BS on Curing One's Depression - Pfffft - is SO TRUE. That's what I like about you. You see it all and also not afraid to express how you see. Not to worry D ... We are there for her as well as the little one. She and all my kids are as close to my heart as the little one. It's sadder still that you get sheep in here that wish to defend society, yet I think more a case they find our words to harsh - too close to home. I agree Fuck Society! I just thought I would say it in here to give you the last word over there.

Lisa says it all started with my daughter when a teacher took away her friend and made her sit in a place she felt all alone. (Not teachers fault - is our Systems Value On Authority!) From there she never seemed to recover - all those traits my grandson and I are being DXed with ... she too struggle with many of the same. Of course to varying degrees. Sadly denial has taken hold with a sense of superiority and a yearning to be so much more than she already be. As I commonly say ... but is the truth of the matter with how our fucked up system expected us to be. -Us & Them- Earn or Fucking Learn as to Swim or fucking Sink!

I thank you for what you said about my daughter. Often we try to hide from such things. I understand fully her expression - [Remember how I said the judge victimized her in court over that fucking child abuser - Grrrrrr) It's a fucking cruel world for kids and it's only set to get a fucking lot worse!!! BUT - it's all about learning to live with the truth instead of burring it. They don't want us to say anything ... Alas ... we do what we can to inspire - mostly by making jokes and laughing at these would be refreshing intellects. She too get's a good kick laughing at such types. Is good for the soul. I can still make her laugh despite our mall adjusted family dynamic:

I thought you might also like the following:

Also please to report still on speaking terms with my eldest son who unfortunately is not in this pic. I think I go ring him now.

Adios ... Until Next Post.
    Last edited by Ponder; 01-08-2018 at 06:53 PM.