Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Scored some decent bike parts up at the Tip Shop. Good day. Nothing to complain about.

One of my favorites:
    https://youtu.be/sIErBrStvxc
    Zzzzzzzzz

Vlog - Bang Bang Bang!!! "Who the fuck is that at my door?"

On Another Note:
    I am going start talking about the importance of sleep again. Just my view on it and will start sharing the resources that have helped me. Here's is a link to something that I have found very helpful:

SOUND ASLEEP The Expert Guide To Sleeping Well.docx
    The format is not the best however if your handy with opening and transferring text it's really is no problem at all.

“How does sleep heal toxins that form in the blood during our waking hours?” OK Good Question. I will answer this for you now:

1st Hit - Opening Statement from → How Sleep Clears the Brain:
    "A mouse study suggests that sleep helps restore the brain by flushing out toxins that build up during waking hours."

Very Interesting. I have heard about this finding mentioned in a sleep documentary that I watched during a plane flight and also mentioned in a few web articles as well as a Youtube Video.

Video explanation of this process: (Relates well to above article)

I'm pretty sure this is the gist of the post I was questioned about. I feel this answers the question pretty much in a concise manner so therefore will hit enter before rambling on with my own views.

To the person who asked ... I hope this information helps.

To finish off on a relaxing note and with an idea that's going to offer me an AWESOME and much needed ESCAPE:

Guild Wars 1 - Not 2 - The original piece of mastery in the area of MMORPG.

With a bit of commentary:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgyS_-HiD54

This game was WAY WAY ahead of its time. Just a quick read here will explain that → Guild Wars Wiki
    Released over 12 years ago in 2005. It was renowned for playing on low end systems back then yet produced stunning graphics for its time. This alone should make it a must have for anyone with an low end system today. I intend to have the trilogy pack by end of next week. Although there is not much of a community for things like PVP and the like ... there is just so much more to Guild Wars that you don't even need to play co-op. Although co-op it's an amazing game. Hoping to talk a friend into this one actually. See what happens. If anyone here is interested don't be shy ... send me a PM as I am happy to play with anyone. I met a lot of good folk playing this game!

There just has not been anything like it for me since this game. Immediately upon entering into Guild Wars 2 I knew I had wasted my money. They changed it too much for my liking. Other games started to use micro transactions, too much emphasis on farming, grinding - ALTHOUGH there is an element of that in Guild Wars and I do enjoy a good grind - But it was different some how. Possibly because everyone was on the same playing field with no micro transaction to get ahead. Sure you could buy into some aesthetics but introducing purchasing gold and all the BS killed games like this. Just my opinion ... but it how I feel. Diablo 3 is too much about the killing. Again Guild Wars has a lot of killing in it, but you kind of have to think more about how you go about it. over a 1000 skills with only 8 slots. The game mechanics are awesome ... just so much you can do with it. The more I think about it the more I can't wait till end of next week when I can purchase it.

The MUSIC is something I got lost in many times ... sound effects are also well mixed. The world itself is also amazing and not something I have gelled with in other games like it. Most probably because having play guildwars and seeing such a good game being lost I have been unable to stand exploring other worlds based on micro transactions and the like. The maps are really huge and you really do need to explore it all in order to get the most out of the game. The questing is a real pleasure to pay. Again ... something I have not enjoyed in other games. It does not feel as repetitive as many others ... I think because of the game mechanics and just how big the maps are. HUGE story and Huge Maps.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Reach my limit now ... this will be an awesome distraction. Not much info on guides ... but I don't think you really need much in that way. This is a game where you enjoy working things out as you go along. I guess I may find some archived guides here and there ... boss maps and likewise aids.

Night night ...

Guild Wars is up and running. Here is a Game Recording I put together:

I was able to use my old details from all those years ago to get Guild Wars up and running once more. I downloaded the installer and put in my details and was able to come up with the following video. I was unable to capture things as clear as I see it due to the rendering size. I wanted to keep it small so as not to take up much space and time. Best I could do was center a 720P rendering in a 1920P composition. That should give a gerneal idea of what to expect. I was actaully impressed given the age of the game. Guild wars was really ahead of its time.

Things to note for me ... is the Music. I absolutely love the music and sounds. Don't expect many people to be running about the place. There are a few and I really don't know what districts to hang out in. I have made a couple of Guild Wars friends already as it is since logging in, so that's a good sign as far as I am concerned. What I am playing this game for the relaxing experience of questing at my own pace. There are heroes you can take along with you and control if you wish ... otherwise they fight just as good on auto. I did not show this in the video although a couple of computer generated AIs jumped down from the trees to assist.

This game should run on any system now ... I'd even bet it would run on an office laptop. I might even try it on my wife's $300 eBay laptop just for kicks. I think it's great that the servers are still running and people still playing. The game is still for sale on steam. You get the full features of this styled game ... without all the associated BS the ruins the mechanics. You really can't lose. IMO it's currently one of the best deals as far as old games goes ... best game regardless of price when it comes to classics from that period.

I look forward to sharing a few more vids of a new character. See what happens.

I have pretty much forgotten how to play. I will have to start a new character from scratch to learn all over again:
    The colors will also be more vivid in game as well when compared to this render.

Sorry for the sudden ending ... still having issues with having to change frame rates for certain file formats and bla bla bla ... I'll work it out one day!
    Last edited by Ponder; 09-22-2017 at 05:35 AM.

Another late one. I actually had a good chat over at the mental health chat site. You can find link in the news section to the index of this site.

Need to work more on my routine. Have had a LOT going on. Might cut back on some of the groups actually. The riding of bike as been very challenging on a social integration level ... mixing with traffic and people kind of thing.

That's kind of a story in itself. I actually practiced taking it easy on the foot patch being as considerate as I could be. There is a LOT of hate between cars, bikes and pedestrians. I had to question just how toxic this whole bike thing could end up being for me ... BUT ... after exercising some kindness to others ... like getting off my bike, nodding to others, giving way and so on ... there were some people who's faces lit up. That kind of made me think it was worth the effort in focusing on what works. I think I will try a few more times on how to commute in a way that best suits me. Thankfully it is actually legal where I live to ride on the foot path. I just have to work out the grey rules.

I am getting better at throwing my leg over the saddle where I just cruise on one peddle with two feet and then skip into a walking position where I then slowly take up position at whatever crossing. I then slowly walk across ... then when it's safe to do so I slowly resume back on the footpath where I will later be found dismounting to let a mobility scooter ride on past ... and so on I have been practicing interacting like that. Like I said ... very challenging stuff. I do prefer the back suburban roads ... but I am getting better each time dealing with the CBD the more I practice getting about.

Adios ... until next post.

Today's Bike Ride: I'm starting to look forward to my bike rides as I find more routes that challenge me. I don't mind the sacrifice in speed and actually like the extra effort it takes to climb hills on this bike. At the moment I am still building up my leg strength yet am fit enough to get a good sweat up. I'm not quite sure if I am yet fit enough to ride to the hockey oval to do my laps however would like to reach a state of health in which to do that. Fuel is getting so expensive here in Australia that when I am fit enough to trot regularly it's costing me bit in fuel to get to my preferred running locations. I like to avoid the pavement at all costs.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a camera that's centered in a pair of sunglasses. More so the Pivothead Durango Video Glasses that have been out for a couple of years now. I'd like to make some of my Vlogs a bit more interesting. Searching for secluded spots tend to make me feel uncomfortable. More so when looking for places in town to do a vlog. There are a few cons to using cameras like this. Mostly the angle aiming a little high ... however for bike riding this should not be so much of an issue. I have seen a video where someone seemed to overcome this. I figure I can tilt the braces on my ears if need be. I don't know yet. I always think up grandiose ideas; only later to trade them in on something else. I'm not buying a new bike. This old one is doing the trick pretty good!

Today's Bike Ride:
    It's going to be a good spot as the heat of summer sets in.

AWESOME SPOT!!!

Before I arrived at the above spot I was sapping up the midday sun. Here I pull over to view the paddock on top of a hill that sadly ... is private property. There are a few rolling hills on the other side I wanted to ride across. This bike is made for such riding on I love the workout it gives me.

This bike riding takes a bit of effort in this part of town. I like it!

Last edited by Ponder; 09-23-2017 at 04:28 AM.

My New Best Friend - Does everything I need it to: (An oldie but a goodie )

Taken with the Galaxy Note 8
    Last edited by Ponder; 09-23-2017 at 04:27 AM.

I got this feeling that I'm just taking up space and holding others back. I've really struggled with moving on despite trying several times. I'll at least wrap up this thread.

It's been up and down but helpful for the most part. Time to take a new path.