Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    She's in good nick, isn't she? That's a result getting a fully ridable bike. I got lucky with second handers a few times, but then came unstuck a couple of times. Some expensive parts ended up breaking. Figured I might as well just pay the extra and get something new so at least I know where I stand.

Do you have any designated cycle routes over there, like through parks or by rivers? I'm pretty lucky here. The cycle route by the canals goes for about 35 miles, so there's plenty of room to stretch the old legs. Full of greenery too. I'll try and take a few pics next time I'm out.

Will probably bring up the mini computer thingy too in a few days when I get some cash, if that's alright.

Yea lads at the centre I got it from did a good job. There are some things you just can't expect from an old bike. Mostly wheels that don't have a slight buckle and also time for the cables and springs to find their place one again. I did a 10 mile return trip yesterday to visit my daughter and grandson. It did a good job although I still need to make some gear adjustments. It's actually bike group day today so will take it in a do some work in the background on my bike.

Sadly Australia really SUCKS when it comes to bike routes. There is an ever slow move in various towns and cities to include more cycle ways with each passing year. If we don't nuke ourselves in the next year, I still feel I will be dead way before we catch up with Europe when it comes to designated bike paths.

That said, I am lucky to live in a town where there is in fact a couple of bike paths. One dedicated bike way (shared with pedestrians) is about 8 miles which is considered very long and a rare over here. some of the others are just a few km and there is a lack of bike friendly/ lanes (on side of road) that connect the paths. It's actually pretty stupid town planning not to provide cycling paths in 2017. Considering the impact on pollution and the health benefits for society both mentally and physically when contrasting the pros and cons ... well ... just another another negative spin among many on our wonderful society. Not to worry ... they took the easy way out and changed the law that people of 16 may now be allowed to ride on the foot path. At least the did it in the sate I am now living.

Hey Martin ... do you mean this thing about the mini computer:

You can't see it all in this shot but Yea it's pretty cool that this thing has all those USB ports, Ethernet, on-board wifi (Pi 3 only) even bluetooth. Too much for me to list ... here I found this run down on it. Just click below pic to get a good low down in it:

INTRODUCING THE RASPBERRY PI 3

This is probably why I wont be buying a new bike this time around. It might be 35 US dollars but over there it selling for about $60.00 au which does not work out to be an evenly converted. We are being charged more.

Not to to worry. By the time I finish paying bills with my next loan I will may just have enough to buy the Pi3 and all the 'extras' as well. Apparently people claim that HDD speed with regard to best bang for buck is achieved using USB sticks. Thankfully I have a micro Samsung EVO 256GB U3 micro sd card still worth about $220-$250au that can handle 4K video. I think I will just use that. I can use it to compare against some cheaper usb sticks I have lay about that place. Depending on test results I may end up learning how to partition yet again in Linux and boot multiple OS's that run either retro games/media centres and so on ...

I'm itching to learn some basic programming with this thing ... maybe even some very basic games that they are teaching kids to code these days.

If this is the little computer thing you mean ... for sure man! ... I'll keep you updated if in fact I do end up taking the dive into this kind of thing. Few weeks to go before I finish paying my last loan and get another. : )

I thought this was a cool video about minecraft and the PI ... Note how he says the Pi 2 runs Minecraft better ... The Pi-3 only get better again which is why I am researching if the pi-3 can push beyond minecraft in the way of games. No doubt it has limits but would be fun to push this kind of tech. I've also been looking into cooling mods and clockability.

UPDATE:

Here is the PI3 running full version of minecraft:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXFMo8psp-U

I suspect the set up and config is different by no doubt tutorials abound on the net. Pi2 is reported not to be able to play full version anywhere near as fluid as Pi3. Check the comments in video out for further details.
    Last edited by Ponder; 09-07-2017 at 04:49 PM.

EVEN BETTER:

VC4 Open Source Driver Testing with Jedi Academy (PC Gaming on the Pi)
    https://youtu.be/P-1EHdHxEk8?t=324

From the description → "With this driver you now have access to full OpenGL 2.1 support which means that a large number of 3D accelerated apps and games from the Debian repositories will work without modification now."

WOW! This is exactly the kind of video acceleration I was hoping could be tweaked from the pi. VC4 Driver! Have no idea what it is atm ... but I will!

Have a friend on the phone now that wants me to hurry up and get this build up as we can play old style networking games of the web.
    Last edited by Ponder; 09-07-2017 at 05:00 PM.

Looks like we are buying a two seater lounge to work on our relationship issues. I knew sitting in my camp would pay off in the end. Shhhhhhhhhh, don't say I said anything.

Was another big day. I ended up trading in the rigid frame for a bike with dual suspension. Of course the wheels on the FS wobble a lot more but I dont mind so much throwing todays choice around a lot more.

Night night. Źzzz.

Righto Davy Boy ... UP & AT EM!!! Some mild stretching to iron out the depression followed with a few laps for the anxiety. Take the little one to the beach for social phobia and smile to work on that hostility.

Lets do it - 'Rolls out of bed!'

Did not do any laps today. I did however end up taking out another bike for a test ride. Have decided to keep this one:

Its takes effort to pedal but when does it not? Its extremely comfortable compared to a rigid and this is especially so because most of the places I like to ride. I can't say enough good things about these cheap and heavy bikes. It's still early days for my cycling legs but like all other things I am pretty sure I'll build up a good resilience to heavy peddling. I'm all for comfort these days.

Note the Spring Saddle I am sporting in the below pic:

The trouble with these spots is the amount of motocross and 4X4 activity. I was able to cycle to this spot without having to drive here. I'm still working deciding on whether or not to cycle on the rural roads where cars are going full speed. There have been cyclists hit with most ending up dead. It happens, but so dose lightening. Hmmm ... will just have to get a some high viz material for me pack. See what happens. In the mean time I have more places to scope out. Might practice riding along the rocks down by the bay ... maybe maybe not. Would not surprise me if I get a flat from broken shells but then again I wont know until I try. I think perhaps I make that my next stop. Sounds like yet another plan.

Come to think of it ... it should be a quick trip with the bike to catch the odd sunrise/set. Some cheap eBay lights might be a good thing ... God Forbid!

Go outside, take a seat ... walk if you can't ride. Is good to mix things up a bit. I think at next men's group I will print out a few photos of my midway setups/lunch 9as above) stops and sell the concept of a get together at various stops. Like I say see what happens.

Adios until next post.

Cool pics.

Have the inevitable arse aches kicked in yet? Lol!

How are you finding the extra suspension on the new bike?

Yea, I'll never be free of a torn ass hole. lol (So far so good ... more diet related/consitpation Vs Healing - yadda yadda) The bike riding might toughen things up a bit ... lol

Suspension = Heavy and but very comfortable over driveways, gutters, rocks, sudden drops and what not.

SO - was it the a raspberry pi computer (that I asked and mentioned above?) you were referring too in one of your earlier posts re:
    Quote Originally Posted by martin05 View Post

Will probably bring up the mini computer thingy too in a few days when I get some cash, if that's alright.
    Still curious to know what you meant was all? Srry ... I'm slow and always like to know I am being understood. It's a retarded thing.
    Edit ... if so .. that would be awesome!!!
    Last edited by Ponder; 09-10-2017 at 12:02 AM.

Now now, didn't anyone tell you it was rude to ask questions without answering any?