Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    Good day in all. Anxiety lvs doing OK. Is a shame most people only like to talk when not doing OK.

Still working on configuring those retro games and still thinking about getting a raspberry pi. The old refurbished bike I picked up does the job good enough. It's good that I can now I can mix up my physical activity.

Fear of the walking dead soon to be back in the works. Bit of a dry spell with game of thrones coming and going a quick as I can pass wind then a quick dash to the toilet.

That's about it really. Might throw some rice on and go for a rid.

Adios ... until next post.

'I' now determine that upon rising I shall awaken feeling refreshed. I shall slip into my running atire and easily do a steady 10 laps of the sports ground. I also envisage a good resistance workout later on in the day. Sensible sunlight exposure,hydration and fuelling throughout tha day also on my list + assist with chores. Lets others be as they must. Proactive not reactive.

TY cosmos for the old haggard bike. It's an awesome addition to my stabilty tools.

Is all good. You've done the best you can for today.

Night night Dave. Zzzzzz

Thank you for posting this-- I'm in the early stages and am desperately trying to hold onto my life right now. Are you working right now? I do not know if I should return, or take a leave..

I will never participate in the worforce again. Whilst the sysyem has deemed me unfit, I refuse to 'work' as doing so only enables/empowers the insanity of this world. I have come to accept myself as Societal Byproduct. In that acceptace I have learned to live to redifine 'the terms.'

That's probably not helpful. Most people see work as an expectation to obtaining somthing more as well as fitting in. Whilst I have been affected and todays reliance on certification greatly disadvantage me in this mainstream predetermined dynamic namely called 'work' I again say, "I refuse to partcipate."

I even manage to get my name removed from the voting poll in a country that can legaly make your life very uncomfortable for not voting.

That said, you wont ever find a harder worker than I. The only time I am not working is if I'm ever caught in a moment between breaths.

Working is for slaves. I choose only to be seen as one but actively engage in living a free life. I only hope to share with others how liberating it can be finding the sweet spot between homelessness and slavery. For now its time to get out of bed, slip into my atire and go for a nice steady trot. My previous intention really help, but I must say TY for poping in and your comment. It's also helped a lot.

Catch up later.

Have a good evening/morning folks.

Respectfully ... I do wish you well. The above is just my unique point of view which I believe is shared by the majority. Especially by those working. They just don't know it. Too busy stressing and or gloating; for them there is no such thing as inbetween.
    Last edited by Ponder; 09-06-2017 at 01:27 PM.

What is your job, Cerious?

It can be good to focus the mind on something other than internal conflict. At the same time though, some work isn't conducive to well-being.

On the exercise note, I love cycling. It's over taken running now as my favourite exercise. I took a walk today and it felt weird using my legs in an up and down motion instead of a round and round one lol.

Please leave the job networking to the professionals, just as the medication section in this forum should be left to the so called professionals. Just don't count on those elements because they are deemed to be in some place of authority.

Very happy for you martin. Going at a pace that works for the individual is the ticket, not something any of today's J-O-Bs focus on. Quite the opposite in fact.
    Last edited by Ponder; 09-06-2017 at 05:01 PM.

What kind of bicycle do you have Martin?

I've got a pretty basic hybrid. Works for me though as it can get around the city but do some off-roading too. Kind of wish I'd installed one of those cheap computer thingys so I could see how many miles I've racked up. Would be cool to know.

I can vouch for the cheap bike computers off eBay. (They perform very well for only just a few bucks - although I recommend wired when buying a cheap one) Pretty basic to install with a conversion chart to help settings for different wheel sizes. My obsessive nature did lead me to doing more miles than was actually good for me as a result of having such a device - BUT - I think I learned that lesson now. Trip distance is another effective piece of info without the need of having to use a high powered battery operated mobile devices and GPS. Just jump on the bike and map your own routes. In fact now that you have mentioned it, I think I might get another one myself. If not only to gauge the accuracy between bike device and phone apps. I generally do when I get back into my bike phase.

I'm peddling an old refurbished mass produced elcheapo 26inch 6 speed Dunlop MTB Bike [Rigid - No suspension at all] with only a wide spring seat to assist in comfort. Here is a pic I just took to show you:

Full Size

I'm having to keep fiddling with the gears as the cables and springs have not had much movement. I expect it will take some more use to get the full range of movement happening where in the near future less maintenance will be needed. A good learning curve and very practical seeing as I don't work. If the cycling takes off again, I may look into buying a cheap full suspension MTB and slap on some semi slick tires. You know ... the ones that are flat in the middle with just a few knobbly bits of tread on the sides.

I'm mostly looking into commuting but given I am over mingling in the traffic these days (being older, more sensitive to exhaust fumes, less physically apt) I'll be practicing up on bunny hopping gutters and so forth to get around. I generally dismount when crossing heavy traffic areas. Unlike many others I see, I also get give way to pedestrians on the footpath. It peeves me to see people riding on the footpath that don't give way to pedestrians! Grrrr BUT ... is what it is ... Now I have a bike I can be the one who pays others such respect. I only wish I could trust others when on the road ... but I don't. I will ride on the low density roads during quite times and I do so confidently ... but again ... I'm not chancing it anymore in high density areas. I once swore I would never ride on the footpath. Alas I am now doing so. I'm on and off the road according to pedestrians and traffic ... plus time of day and route.

I'm actually enjoying mapping out new routes with as many left hand turns with roads in mind but then also allowing for quick dismount transition plus various bike paths. Having a mountain bike will also allow me to go into those reserve areas I love to hide out in as well.

Might go for a ride now. I note that it's magpie season with plenty of birds swooping.