Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 19 of 73 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by martin05 View Post
    Blimey, I didn't know there were so many core exercises. I do planks already. Think I might add in some double leg kicks and bridges. Rotate them throughout the week.

You gonna join me, Gyps? You can't beat having a strong core.
    I've been told my core's pretty strong as it is (true story). So no but thanks for asking, Marty
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

The weather is not too bad here thanks Martin and class was pretty good. I'd love to talk more about the EFT class however our family had some bad news today.

My daughter was served papers that revealed a court case had taken place without her knowledge regarding access to her son. It got worse as much of the information provided to the courts was full of much deceit and scandalous accusations that resulted in the courts demanding the mother and child relocate immediately to the town in which the father resides.

It's actually quite a outrageous as the father has in fact had the mean to contact my grandsons mother (my daughter) despite claiming he was unable. That was the first lie - but I am sure many of the older folk in here know how the web of deceit is spun when it comes to matters such as these. I myself have been targeted as a risk to my grandson having been incorrectly label as a schizophrenic. Although I am not a schizophrenic, I am quite offended that all it takes to deem someone a risk to their children and or grandchildren is to label them by their mental health diagnosis. I've known plenty of schizophrenics and most of the ones I knew were more a risk to themselves than anyone else. Such was the case for my brother. RIP BRO. : (

SIGH - The only one who has been visited by welfare in our family over the concerns of little Jo Jo being at risk is the damn father who loves starting up all this kind of shit. Thankfully we kept the photos that the police and doctors noted during the last time that *&^#!!! had the privilege of being in the presence of our little one. Long story short this abuser of which I speak has fathered a number of children to 3 "VERY YOUNG" girls to whom he groomed. Sadly all the children have been adversely affected; especially one young boy who is underdeveloped. It's hard to tell if the bruising on joey when he was 16 months old is entirely responsible for his autistic behavior, however I think it was just the trigger to a predisposition as it would seem it's just yet another factor that runs in the genes with the unfortunate result of revolving door/unfavorable environments.

We can build a pretty strong case. The father was last hit with a domestic violence order that he tried to fight; but lost. The only one that is a risk is the womanizer himself. Grrrrrr! Oh man ... We did well to keep him at bay the last three years. We will sure as hell make it damn hard before he gets unsupervised access and our daughter will NOT be moving away from her only means of support. The more they attempt to slander, the bigger the hole they dig for themselves. Alas we have a lot of work to do in order to put in the blocks and made ourselves heard. We have kept everything in folders and my wife is actually well places when it comes to formatting the documents. If anything public solicitors hold us back as the know so little and have even less passion ... but that's another story.

You can play pretender bud but you had
    your chance & blew it ... this kid already has a father:

Deem me a risk? You've got to be *%@#ing kidding me! That poor excuse was never around for any of his kids and when he was all he could do was take away their toys and beat them when his peace of mind was interrupted. Nothing BUT conflict with himself, his kids and what he likes to think as "his"women."

Got news for you buddy, you might get some access visits, BUT it's going to be a LOT longer than your proposed length of time before you get unsupervised visits and ever looooonger before they become overnight visits AND we sure as hell AIN'T moving to your neck of the woods!!!

Lots of TRAUMA ahead no doubt for all involved - but we are ready as always for damage control.

Srry to dump guys ... this kind of things always seems to happen to me just about when I am ready to open up and have fun as we my intention in last vlog update. I remember the last time that happened back in 2014 when Pam and Andrew used to be members ... I opened up similarly ready to say it was time to start having fun and not be so seroius, then within an hour of that post I got a call and was told my brother was dead. This kind of fells like that.

Time to practice some hard core meditation techniques and work on my new Youtube channel I guess.

Adios ... until next post. SIGH - Time for a walk -
    Last edited by Ponder; 06-17-2017 at 07:55 AM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Late night this one. Poor wife is having a hard time as she has been prepping an intensive response and in that process laying out a very well thought out briefing for an initial solicitors appointment on Monday. I did what I could to assist but only so much I can do on that front. Thankfully she is not sick at the moment however stress does tend to set her condition off.

I've been working on my new YouTube channel:

Hence my new updated avatar here. : ) I think it at least suits the YouTube Channel art for now. I can't wait till my new vlogging camera arrives. I'm thinking of also requiring some decent audio gear that I not so long ago got rid of. Funny how you really don't know if you need something until it's gone. Most of my skills lay in Photoshop but despite being a slow learner in many areas I do seem to catch on quick once I become passionate about something. Today I started sorting one of the external HHDs to facilitate some kind of vlogging workflow. I have over 20 years of photoshop experience and just kept putting off the video editing.

I've been thinking about how my channel's introductory video is going to look and started filming some clips today. I threw together a very short draft sequence that will be used more as a prop embedded into a larger video. I'll probably even take the display size down smaller than what I'll preview it in here. Being a Mental Health Blog, I want to capture every aspect of my life that I consider important to my recovery. Today's draft sequence is more about routine ... a small part of my routine and most peoples in general. Putting it into a GIF with less frames per second leads to sped up footage which encapsulates more the grind of daily life. For now that will suffice. I'm not happy with the way the title sits in it, but like I said it's just a draft:

I used my smart phone to record the video - adobe after effects to render and edit. To cap it off I imported into Photoshop to create this animated GIF.

Here We Go Again: (Pace suits this one - 1.5mb)

I'd like to work on a sketch filter that depersonalizes it more, however thus far am limited until I learn more about the video side of things. There are many scenarios I wish to cover in like story book mode. Gives it a much more generalised feel which is what I am ultimately aiming for once I gain the confidence to become more influential with my videos. I'm going to continue getting in front of the camera and make more effort in my weak areas such as eye contact and speech. Getting comfortable and making friends with my camera will no doubt help with that as too ... just doing it! For now I will just relate the whole process to my own journey as it should be. Make my own story book as I go along.

Once I get a green screen I should be able to make up some effective work out routines. My kids our always asking me, but I never really have the time with everything else that's been going on. Should be no problem with a green screen to get some clean shots ... but once again - I'm going the way of filters to get my points across. Famous last words though. lol - I want to do some cooking videos too!!! Show my magic recipes. I think I will also learn a new tune or just practice an old one on my guitar and also brush up on harmonica.

Just need to work on my confidence, don't delete my vids, just watch them evolve.

I think I might be able to sleep now.

Groundhog Day:
    (messed the title up in this one as well - 1.5mb)

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Righto ... another day ... as effectively conveyed above. : ) ... Nice moderate long run on the tread mill followed up with an AWESOME core routine that's now as much a cardio routine as the treadmill itself. Laundry on the go, affidavit in response to court litigation about finalized and about ready for lodging, veggie juice down the hatch and just about ready to make some cold press apple juice for the little fella. Jo Jo and I had a good run along the beach yesterday and will be doing it again. Going over to drop of my daughters laundry, try some of her home made vegan cookies and pass her a copy of the response. I'm sure that will make her feel a little better. : )

Might find time later in the day to start recording some prop footage of doing chores and that kind of thing. More stuff to log in under routine. I'm thinking of also finding footage online that depict stuff in public that conveys routine in those situations I really don't wont to capture myself. Just have to work out the copyright issues.

Might also add to my no copyright sounds collection as well.

Best keep moving so I can can fit it all in.

72kg ... back to my optimal weight - relatively speaking.

Adios until next post.
    Last edited by Ponder; 06-17-2017 at 05:11 PM.

Taking a break. All the best with your anxiety guys.

Take Care
    ~Dave.

Hi D. I went through the posts <3
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

If you find this space empty over the next few weeks, you can find much of my journaling being done on my YouTube Channel.

Thanks D. I'll give you a shout out (as they say.) in my next vid.

For now ... this is over and out.

Bump just to say that walking does help a lot with getting your mind off of things Sometimes, however, over-exertion can cause more anxiety than it's worth, so lighter exercises spread out like short walks around the block during the day are best.

Well no rest for the wicked ... I need my space again and this here be it.

HOWDY to iwantobeok ... I want to be OK too. ... Cool Name! I like it. I AM OK ... YOUR OK ... Trust me ... it's going to be OK!!! You give some good advice there as well. Thanks for chiming in. Much appreciated.

I leave this for now ... D I try and catch up on FB but really hope you have more time to be active in here as this place really benefits from your presence. I am working on a new project I am sure your going to like. I know ... I know ... Dave's projects come and go ... so I want go into details just yet.

I explain later ... but for now. It's time for a yummy salad and an ep of Star Trek: Voyager ... for like the millionth time. That show just doesn't get old with me.

thanks D. iwantobeaok, when or just after exercise I had something like panic attack for about 3 years. It was diabetes not panic attack. when you exercise you blood glucose goes down and give you the symptoms like anxiety attack
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore