Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    SO TRUE. I really needed to hear that. Thx D!!!

As a result I was inspired to make this post. Hope this finds you guys well.
    http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showth...think-it-Be-It!

My Main Meal for the Day (around mid-morning or lunch time.)

SALAD Base Foods:
    Tomatoes (Roma have less acid)
    Cucumber (Good for water retention)
    Carrots (Filler - Fibber & good snack/use to avoid triggers)
    Beetroot (fibber and good for digestion)
    Spinach Leaves (Green Nutrition!)
    Lettuce (Filler when not using flat bread/roll ups)
    Bananas (Filler as is other fruits when added to salad)
    Capsicum (when on special – excellent source of nutrition)

SALAD Dense Nutrition & Fats + Flavour:
    Ginger (digestion and flavour)
    Organic Coconut Oil (healthy fats)
    Olives – (Nutrition and healthy fat)
    Flax Meal Healthy (Brain food - Fats)
    Chia Seeds Nutrition and filler ← especially when pre-soaked.
    Lemons/Juice (flavour, digestion and nutrition)
    Avocado (1/4 is enough – concentrated healthy fats)
    Seeds (Pumpkin and or Sunflower Kernels)
    Nuts ( healthy fats and energy)
    Regarding Nuts & Seeds … Give to me and I will Soak and Dehydrate for you. Nuts and Seeds that have not been activated contain Phytic acid which inhibits nutrient absorption. If not activated avoid using them within 16 hours of eating anything else.

My Notes … as relates to me. This info will vary according to individual tastes, aims and routine.

Some items cost more than others. The spinach leaves for example I will eat in small lots diced up very small on top of lettuce. Another way to make the spinach go further is to use a flat bread on occasion.

Making up a salad without any of the dense nutrition will me feeling hungry. You don’t have to add everything. That list is mostly what I use however sometimes when I am in a rush I will use mostly 3 of the base foods with 3 of the dense foods and fats minus the flavours.

Fact is though … for these kind of raw salads to work the magic and fill me up for the best part of the day, I generally need to add a lot of the fillers with small amounts of most of the dense foods as well as the ginger and fats.

Mixing some coconut oil in ginger and even a bit of chilly with lemon makes a nice source. I sometime might use lemon with a vegan mayo as well.

When done right I generally don’t need flat bread. Using more of the cheap fillers with a little of each of the expensive dense foods usually seems a large bowel do me right. Using cut up banana/s in my salads also goes a long way.

This is the RAW part of my day and also the bulk of my food.

I will hit on breakfast and dinner later on. I do not consider breakfast as the main meal of the day, however I do like to include some dense foods in a smoothie or make a small carb serving on days I know I am going to burn the fuel. Dinner is good for helping me sleep but I have it way before bed.

More to follow later. Like I say … this is my balance approach that works for me.

EDIT ... forgot to add BEANS ... legumes as being the 'big part' of the above! I'm not into the protein myth but beans have plenty of that. I usually soak and cook my own, otherwise just rinse some caned one and leave in a container after being rinsed in the fridge.
    Last edited by Ponder; 12-09-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Yea yea BS Dave:

Seriously ... I'm just eating Sushi. Hahahaa ... if that's any better. What's a guy to do whilst out in the Australian Heat in between running around for everyone. Sigh ... I'm doing alright compared to a lot of people sitting here, but I feel for em. It's like a God Damn drug store and I know what it's like to be hooked. I still hang out for the Kababs and chips!!! as well at the Chinese on the pictured on the right. Not that any of the other stuff is any better but I sure as hell know that deep fried stuff makes me depressed/sick as soon as it goes down the hatch.

We figure the least damaging of all the other shops you can't see is the sushi bar ... but like I say ... its mostly sweet rice. I also got a spring roll so kind of BSing myself with the deep fried speech. Good news is I am back to waking up early and walking briskly.

My wife commented on the above when seen magnified ... many of the sitters look quite depressed. A western Food Court I guess. I never realized eating was such a chore for so many.

Click for full size comparison:

Last edited by Ponder; 12-08-2017 at 11:11 PM.

Your meal plan looks great. I actually feel healthier just reading it lol.

What's your wife's diet like? Do you guys eat similar stuff?

I don't always stick to eating clean, but it 'works like a treat' when I do. Hmmm I think that analogy is flawed somehow.

In an ideal world we would eat the same but not exactly. Similar in eating healthy, yes, but not the same arrangement of foods. We both use an electric steamer for our dinner. We both avoid eating meat. (we don't buy meat in our shopping at all and also avoid eating it while out. Generally we are vegan, but not religiously so. Vegans are unhealthy when only eating for ethics - we are mostly plant based and avoid eating animal foods) Lisa eats more tofu that me. We also look to keep the grains low. The way we heat things up is something we pay attention to.

Breakfast I eat steal cut oats (100gram + is something I like to avoid ... I am looking to give up oats sooner than later) with spirulina powder ever second to third day (every third day preferable), whilst Lisa drinks a Banana, Almond Milk, Dates, Flax-meal and tumric shake every mornings. I'll make up a Banana, spirulina, Date, frozen Blueberry Shake mostly every second day with two days running here and there. The steal cut oats is when I know I am active that day. Everyday I agree cooked oats is bad for the digestion but won't harp on about it. What works for one is not always that best for another at any rate. Lisa still has a gall bladder whilst I do not. Yadda yadda to other issues such as hormone and metabolic imbalance down to immune deficiency and bla bla. It sucks but living in a toxic world such as is and not having a steady stream of the require money to eat real food means many of us have to science the shit out of available pretend foods in order to meet the needs for our broken/breaking anatomy. is what it is ... the above picture speaks volumes when it comes to the reality of how the majority eats and too the results. Low energy and negative mind states.

For dinner ... It's using the steamer mostly. Altough we differ in our arrangements and cooking style (slightly) we both have around 90% Vegetables with the other 10% being processed foods such as coconut cream, curry paste, vegan cheddar, vegan mayo, tofu, tempeh and so on. I generally have 50 grams of wild and or brown rice (soaked when I am on track) When I am on track and in weight loss mode I will just steam 100% veggies with a little home made organic coconut oil honey ginger sauce. Home made bean mix for my meat. half hour to an hour after that I will have some soft paw paw. I also use one apple and one pear cold press 'on occasion' before bed 4 afters after my dinner.

We both eat our dinner around 3 - 4 pm (when on track) and go to bed early ... Lisa heads of to bed around 6-7pm and I will head off around 8pm.

All of this is when we are in sync and doing well mentally. Trying times as you know make keeping on track much harder. We have been doing this for a few years now and able to get back on track when loosing our way. Generally one of the other will pull the other up when we given in to the drugs as pictured above. Once you start eating the junk if one is not mindful it is very easy to get lost and if let lose for longer than a week, its extremely hard to get back up. It would be like starting from scratch again when both of us were morbidly obese!

We are not much to look at, but we feel much better than we used to. Alas ... we do look considerably thinner than we used to!!!

I just add ... RAW foods mostly is my aim with my super salad being my focus for the day. I sometimes make a point by eating Salad for my dinner as well. I'm in super clean mode when I eat like that and generally feel pretty good when I do it right. I'll just throw in pumpkin soup here and there for comfort food. Generally though ... with enough fats like avo and activated nuts ... my salads are pretty awesome ... that just take like 20 to minutes to prepare sometimes is all. Again ... when motivated the whole food prep thing can be meditative and something I look forward to like going for walks or exercise that you know makes you feel good.

Is good when you know you don't need much food ... the less I eat and the more I feel good that better it is to know there is not much to do. Kind of like why water fasting is really cool for those able to do that right. Imagine not needing to eat. *&^% yea ... instead we make it like a drug and make it a culture thing. I often see it more like being a slave to food ... but that's another story.

For now ... I try not to think!
    Last edited by Ponder; 12-09-2017 at 03:41 PM.

But right now I am struggling with bread. My wife brings it into the house and controls herself much better than I. Bread is like like a massive trigger for me. I know you have said that many times Dahila.

I've tried to ignore it ... but it's also true for me. It's been a comfort food over the last few weeks now and it's starting to weight in.

yeah I am quiet successful not to see the bread, I have my grandchild after school almost every day of week and I am making food for her, she wants bread all the time ehhhhhhhh
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Yea, I was really pleased to hear how you have beaten back the bread scenario. LOL @ ehhhhhhhhhhh. When you say it I literally hear the sound of 'perfectly' pronounced sarcasm. You truly have that one down to an art.

On other fronts, just got news that my Sisters 14yo son has leukemia.

Life just keeps throwing a curve ball constantly. Sigh. Is not that form of cancer one of the more treatable ones? I should probably Google, but still processing stuff is all. Srry if my mention of it is too much of a downer. More sobering for myself in other ways. Not sure if this counts as a vulture that one respects as per that Prometheus Poem. I'm still struggling with that one ... embracing suffering and all that. (despite myself having harped on that tune previously when feeling strong SIGH) I am sure there is wisdom somewhere in it ... but I think you understand well my recent reluctance in the good old suffering teaches us D.

Have you seen 'The Story of God' with Morgan Freeman on Netflix? I disagree that we 'need' Evil in order to be compassionate. I think the conflict is more in the defining of Evil rather than the question of whether we need it in order to coexist. I think more about balance rather then Needing Evil. Religion do doubt needs evil in order to recruit and exist.

I go rake the yard and gell with that. I'm certainly not looking for conflict just so that I can feel the peace. Such a statement was one of many conflicts throughout that Netflix series, however there was and is still some good insights to be found within the lines of script.

Hope this finds you well D. Chin Up.

I find a way for us to escape this planet and come back with a plan in my next post. How's that sound?
    Last edited by Ponder; 12-10-2017 at 02:57 PM.