Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Panic 468x60
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435
    Research complete for the night ...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Millennium-C...wAAOSwQoFWO2ZN

That would be a good set for all the functions and power of cpu BUT and this is a BIG BUT ... the readout really sucks! One of those tine little lcd chess screen layouts. I'd much rather prefer the LCD letter readouts which is much easier on the eyes and more resistance to outdoor light.

OR settle for a cheap talking one as a compromise:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Chess-Mas...QAAOSwEzxYR3jU

There are a few kids version of these for around $40-$50 that would also suffice but again ... I much prefer the readout of the older sets.
    I think I will opt out using a smart phone and separate board for more powerful and rich features ... but stick with retro sets for that all in one complete feel.

OK OCD done ...
    Night ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

D. I wonder if you can do something for me. ON MF , can you delete my account. One less place to float my email. You quit on it so do I, can you do it for me, if it is not too much trouble? Forget it, I just had done it. Thanks I miss our chats
    Last edited by Dahila; 08-14-2017 at 08:56 AM.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Thanks for the research Ponder!

How did you develop your chess game? Did you read any books, or did you just develop better strategy through game play? I play a very aggressive game, which is ok against amateurs, but higher levels and better players are able to guard against my aggression fairly easily.

D, I deleted the forum over a week ago. No one was interested. I often start things and pick them up later. Some I don't. It was not my intention to let you down. Srry. I go through a similar phase as do some of my other friends playing online games. The family courts and new orders re my grand son is very intense. I actually spend a 'lot' of time looking after my grandson and daughter despite my time in here + my routine which suffered quite a but during my recent forum phase. None the less I learned more about meditation. Currently I am mentally exhausted as to is my wife. Things will pick up soon enough. I guess the time difference only makes it all the more harder. I have an old work mate on the same timezone as me also wondering where I have been. Things will pick up soon enough. I do enjoy our fb chats which we can still have.

Hi martin, I learned to play chess in primary and high school. Although I excelled at sport I actually hung out in the library quite a bit. My step father also liked to play. I also played in two different prisons. Seems to be popular in prison.

I used to play aggresive and did quite well playing like that. However I found others with a higher rating soon knocking me off my perch which made me question how I rush things. I never studied chess books, openings or any technical stuff. Just read briefly about it all. However I do have a puzzel book I enjoey from time to time and just now starting to watch online training videos. I really love playing the electronic chess set as it's teaching me to take my time.

I'd be happy to play email or corrasponsance chess with you? Game Knot is great for that? Just take turns during your waking moments when time permits.

I best get up now and go for my walk. Excuse typos. Lazy post in bed from phone.
    Last edited by Ponder; 08-14-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Toying with a new Idea I think my grandson will love. I know I will. Building a train layout that will fit into a large suitcase. There a many designs out there, but this is the best layout I can find thus far for the space. It's a two tier loop giving it a little more expansive viewing other than just a single loop. Like I say ... just toying with the idea.

Having it in a portable case will make it easy to take over to my grandsons place as well as keep it all localized to stop him from pulling it to pieces.

I'll be able to make a few layouts and stack the cases on top of each other. Different themes. Hmmm - I wonder what I will think of tomorrow. lol

Here is the → blog.

Opens up the door to modeling structures like → these

Night night ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    Last edited by Ponder; Yesterday at 06:22 AM.