Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Today's highlight ... I finally beat my electronic chess set on level 16. Have only slept 3 hours as wen to the hospital get my eye irrigated re the sand in it from the beach. There was some very fine bits still in it as the cornea we scratched. On antibiotic drops. I cringed when the doctor joked saying I was free to go whilst she had a laugh with the attending nurse. I have a history at that hospital and given they have the power to in fact imposed Involuntary Treatment Orders ... I did not appreciate that joke. I was fucking tired, sore as and in a lot of pain. I was feeling quite vulnerable thinking that last comment they made and they way they laughed about it was really fucking low! I lodged a complain and now letting it go. They really don't give two fucks about vunrable cases, otherwise they would think more carefully before opening their mouths.

You have to have a history of having your freedom taken away to understand. Regardless of wrong or right - like I said professionals should be more thoughtful when opening their fucking mouths. I was only up their a few years ago as a suicide case.

This is why I really don't care for society and like to stay the fuck away from everyone in it. Just goes to show no matter how much ground you make, the world is never going to change. Like I said in my vid ... nothing's changed. Escaped a bashing only just the other week whilst trying to just fucking sleep.

I guess I'll bounce back. Just need to avoid certain types of people. Hospitals, doctors and all those kind of toxic folk ... next time sleep in the bush and not on the street.

Not in a good mood today - as if you can't tell.

But glad to of finally beaten my chess computer on level 16. That will suffice ... Now heading over to pick the little one up for an overnight stay. ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I guess I will zonk out when the little one does.

Chased him down with my Knight, Queen and King.

Not doing well tonight. Mind is ruminating over the smart ass remarks and the way they laughed at me up at the hospital. Going into the mentalhealth group ﹰI'm part of sometime tommorow to see if that will help. Eye is slowly getting better although still sore as all $#@k!

Smart ass remarks are hard for me to deal with sometimes. One tipped my anxiety back into overdrive back in may when I joined this group, most of the time I can joke and b/s with people. The site has helped me the most with getting back on track and learning to let go of all the small things as best I can, so much info I didn't know about anxiety.

Glad your able to still post. Real life situations have a far greater impact on me than the offenses that take place in these digital playgrounds. Information overload can be a real bitch. The quality of it in places like these takes a lot of work to sift through but at times pays off.

All the best.

Time for me to get up and get on with life in world of form.

That was really unprofessional of them. As if a hospital visit isn't grim enough already. You could complain, but I guess you just want to give the place a wide berth, right?

Nice work on beating Lvl 16. I think I'm gonna invest in one of those boards. I used to have one as a kid. I remember enjoying it.

Thank You. I really appropriate being heard and apologize if my responses are coming off as inconsiderate. I really am struggling but pleased to say after popping into the mental Health facility for support today I am feeling much better.

I am in the process of making a formal complaint with the help of the centre I go to. I'll just try not to get to caught up in it. I got quite abusive in my emails over the weekend but thankfully now can explain more coherently later today. I'm also getting an advocate to come with my to a new doctor. I often go through doctors like toilet paper. It's a failing on both sides of the fence, no just my labels. As much as I don't want to go to the hospital or see doctors, I admit that there are times where this can't be avoided no matter how impervious or resilient I try to be.

Yea ... those electronic chess sets are quite a fun distraction with positive benefits on my brain Martin. I make a post later when I have time as I am thinking of getting another one ... maybe. I explain why later.

Thank you again Martin and AbeCro for popping in.

Abecro ... I really am sorry about the smart ass remarks. Whilst we can say we are just human I know it does little to take out the sting. Best I can say for my part is that I am willing to work with others who are willing to work with me regardless of those times we disconnect.

I think this is the way it can be with myself, martin, gypsy and also others that may often find ourselves on different pages. Yep some of us can be as inconsiderate as those we are frustrated with. I know this ... I also regret being that way during whatever periods ... I still feel that we should challenge each other from time to time without going overboard or venturing into the realm of abuse.

I am srry guys ... have not bee well of late but I try not to make it an excuse. Just saying is all.

Thanks again to both of you for popping in.

AbeCro ... I say again all the best. Your welcome back in my thread anytime.

What the hell were they thinking? Taken out of context, it seems so messed up, let alone in context. That's so dehumanizing and sounds like Mean Girls. Unfortunately, despite what people say about America being lawsuit-happy, many people let stuff like this happen. And yes I understand the situation from experience.

On a brighter note, I'm going to see where I can get me one of those chess boards XD

Thanks iwanttobeok.

Before I post about my thinking on getting another electronic chess set, I share my final complaint that I emailed in response to a request that wanted more information. I will also attach to a letter and send it by mail. It takes effort to stand up for oneself but I know we need more people to follow though with complaints if any of us are to be heard:

Not the best complaint as I am still really tired from a huge week but like I said ... better to lodge something rather than note. The encouragement from the group I intend really helped:

My complaint for what it's worth:

Please disregard my two other emails which were reactionary. I am on a disability pension for mental illness which made suffering the humiliation of their joking with me (re Your Free To Go now with the laughter at my expense) I have a history where my freedom has been taken from me and also been self admitted on suicide watch in the hospital. Regardless of wrong or right the but joke that was made had the potential to see me relapse in a serious way.

I think you should take this complaint seriously. I actually took a petrol can into an employment agency in Toowoomba QLD before being pensioned off. The humiliation I suffered at the hands of said resident doctor and the way the attending nurse laughed at the end lead me to going home in quite a state which lasted until I had the chance to touch base at the local Mental Health Psycho Socialization Service (AKA Flourish) where I could have a one on one about the indecent. Whilst there was no danger of me going back to burn the hospital down, I did feel like killing myself. I understand saying that is no skin off society's nose hens the way many of us that suffer with mental illness are treated.

I only went to the hospital because all the 24 on call doctors where booked out the health care nurse I called said I should get my eyes checked out at least within 4 hours. I was very tiered, sore and vulnerable. That said I was rather well behaved. I explaiuned that I had trouble communicating. That I have trouble of hearing and suffer from ASD. I was only upset in the beginning when I had to repeat my story with the resident doctor who immediately developed an attitude towards me the moment I protested about repeating my story. She even googled me with her eyes when talking to me.

I actually checked myself knowing I needed help so was very complaint and regretted my initial objection to repeating story. From that point on this resident doctor was very snappy with me up until the point where she made the but joke when I had my backed turned making my way to the door out. It was not what she said but the way she said it. "Your FREE to go!" and then both she and the male nurse laughed. I felt like exploding there and then, but I did not. I just left feeling extremely humiliated and then of course you have my reactionary email the span of the next two days.

I am actually active in my mental health recovery attending Flourish (a peer based mental health service) where I do courses, interact with peers. I have been having regular psycho therapy sessions for years running now. I eat clean using nutrition, exercise and many other facets of clean living to help keep my stable. I am receive help via a mentoring service with one of the local employment agencies and also run a registered charity with my wife.

I don't do drugs or drink. I am respected among my peers.

The way I was treated at the Harvey bay hospital by that resident doctor and how she but spoke down to me and then but joked me on the way out the door as if I was being held against my will was disgusting. I am well aware the hospital will not tolerate abuse from patients and try very hard not to react because I am not feeling well. I feel these public servants should also be accountable when dealing with vulnerable people.

I regret my last two emails via the online complaints. I really do. I have remorse when I act out like that and it makes me regress. I am sorry for the way I have reacted but at least I did not carry on like that in the hospital or do it in a way the negatively impacted on anyone else. I was the only one that has been impacted like so.

Please consider adding this to my complain seeing as I have now had time to be counselled and provide more additional information.

I was given a printout at flourish to make a formal complain.

I will print this out and attached it and also send it in.

Thank you for your time.

Regretfully
    Mr ------- -----------

I beat level 17 today. below pic half way through game ... ended up with most pieces off the board and a queen promotion to win the day. : )

I'm just looking over a few electronic sets on eBay and can see I am lucky to have the one I have. These retro sets are getting hard to find in complete working order.

Search under:
    Electronic Chess

I used to own a much smaller one but found it was not so great for my eyes. I also found a smaller set to be too bunched up from a perspective context which is not great for my mind. The sizing between pieces and board is also another important factor to consider:

---- My older set I got rid of: (click pic to enlarge)

Pros & Cons of the one I have. (Picture at top) ... AA batteries is great. They last for many hours - dozens of games with each lasting many hours. I don't like the C size batteries and think getting older sets like that will only result in very slow response times. In fact now being at lvl 18 on my board requires a lot of patience - BUT - I don't mind. I am a slow player and now do some chores in between my moves. The set can take up to 5 minutes to make one move when past lvl 16. That said once there are less pieces on the board the game speeds back up. Learning to play slower is good for me ... I am now seeing a lot more patterns to the game since persisting and taking my time. I think AA batter boards are a good choice.

There are a lot of new sets out now but I don't like the small sized ones. I like my board to be at least 25cm square. I find that the perfect compromise for me. Portable without being too small.

Some boards allow for setting up certain scenarios and playing Mate in so many moves. Mind does not do that ... just now in the process of tracking one of those down .. but not a tiny board. I also don't like the liquid crystal display only boards ... I mean the type that only have a little embed LCD chess board, however I may put up with if I can find everything else I prefer.

In the mean time you can also just use a mobile phone with a cheap board. That works just as well ... It's that I like the FEEL that comes with an all in one unit. It feels heap better when it's just me and the board without the need to fumble around with other devices. I'm getting sick of using my phone all the time.

That size was more a gimmick that of use to me, however using the phone with a larger board is still quite enjoyable when I want to play quicker games. Hopefully I find a faster response electronic all in one board, but like I say that one I own its pretty damn fun!

Anyways ... I keep looking around before I hit the sack.

until next post.
    Last edited by Ponder; 08-14-2017 at 05:13 AM.

Novag Make some pretty good sets. Here is one currently selling on Ebay ... however I don't think will be available when I have the money next month.

Ebay link for AU

This set is quite strong as far as chess engine goes with many of the options I am looking for. I would buy for sure if I had the money now. Hopefully there will be something like it when my time comes. I'm not selling my other one this time. Like I said ... the good ones like these are getting harder to get.

A new one will do ... but has to be at least as big as mine or the one in video. The USB varieties like DGT are way overpriced.