Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 57 of 73 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    I've decided to take two Valerian Root tablets tonight. Hoping tomorrow sees me starting to evening out a tad more before contemplating further. There's been more talk about nailing another X preacher from the catholic church that turned to working with youths in Darlinghurst / Paddington - Oxford St Sydney during the mid to late 80s. I don't mind joining the pieces together, but don't think I've the strength to pursue everyone that's breached their position of trust. They are not straight forward cases compared to the one that paved the way for my unfortunate story. Herbs now kicking in ... watch some Netflix then engage blue-light filter on my phone to nod off with some ASMR in bed. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The benefits of living clean - herbs work when not overly used. Requires timing with the right digestion ... & when done right ... seems to work for me:
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    ______ Side *Note ... Been spending too much time indoors ______

Last edited by Ponder; 12-02-2017 at 03:03 AM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Lol, I like that gif.

I had a meditation session a couple of days ago. Went pretty well. Unfortunately I've been unable to continue cos of a virus, but will try and test the waters again soon.

Do you incorporate any Buddhism in your life to go with meditation, such as the 4 noble truths and the 8-fold path?

Hi Martin. I'm really pleased that your giving meditation another go. It really does come down to our ongoing experience, time as we perceive it and since you have now mentioned it our perception on suffering. Deep stuff I know ... but my take on the teachings of Buddhism I have allowed myself to take in thus far. Before I dive into that before my morning walk which I've been neglecting of late, I just want to say that for all my intentions and past experience, I struggle heaps with meditation myself. My only tip with respect to your current condition is that I have head it so many times, that it's during the times that challenge us most that we truly benefit from the act of meditation. This leads me to thinking in terms of our illnesses having the potential liken to a charged battery that has the ability to give life to a powerless globe. Awwwwwwwwwwww ...

During the late 70's and early 80's electronics was still in it's infancy. Compared to today and without things like internet, smart phones, tablets, personal computers (PCs) and the wide array of AI that we have today; staring into a bulb gauging it's brightness with its filament resonated pending the amount of flowing energy was my form of meditation before I even knew that practice existed. I miss the wonderment in that and yet for all the differences I can come up with to make whatever comparisons with the past and angst over a future that never comes is this feeling that somewhere deep inside me is an awe like state that keeps me connected; if not only in a trickle state. The answer is YES - there are elements of the 4 noble truths and the 8-fold path (even a desire to acknowledge the good that comes from the 5 precepts) that reside in me despite the way I cling to suffering.

Western Buddhism ... what can I say ... I think you made that point only a few posts back. Very black and white when it comes to suffering. In the same way people absolve themselves from responsibility through the shallow act of prayer (not dissing that act itself) and pretentious ways of being. Reminds me of that recent comment in my blog ... "Surely the actions of others do not cause your suffering ... " Told to someone experiencing PTSD reliving child abuse ... la la la ... need I say anymore with regard to western Buddhism. Such is the extent of its mindfulness.

That said the Four Noble Truths & Eightfold Plan do have a LOT to offer in helping us better understand the nature of suffering and moreover how to accept and grow from it. The links I have provided is from a source I have plugged many times in my threads, short lived blogs and like wise ramblings. A great source of information in a way that relaxes me.
    Gil Fronsdal (Check out some of his talks below his avatar. Inspiring stuff!) reminds me a lot of Jon kabat-zin in both his voice and being; at least as far as I feel when listening.

I'm heading off for my walk now ... I'll think a little more on what those virtues mean to me. Thanks for bringing them up Martin. Much appreciated.

Hope this finds you and the others well.
    Last edited by Ponder; 12-02-2017 at 02:22 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Not much time but wanted to share that whilst I was actually in the process of practicing Smiling Therapy ... my good mate Barong uploaded a really positive video that really inspired me to give my smiling session a good go.

Here is Barong's Video ... Excellently well put together ... Short & Sweet and will leave you feeling good!

Barong's Video was coincidental but really great timing for me.
    I'm off for a little social activity today which is also positive stuff.

Thx again Barong ... Have a good day folks.

Last edited by Ponder; 12-03-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Today's Weather Report ... everyone still showed up. Glad I went. This mornings smiling therapy has seen me through - Time for some creative play with a good friend in Minecraft.

Uploaded photo from phone. Just out on a road trip at the moment. I took my son in law to see a hypnotherapist a couple of hours drive from town. I took this awesome photo adjacent the therapist backyard with my phone. Using the mobile app I could not access the BBCode, so I'll just put the link down below.

I think I'll go and stare in the paddock a bit more. Later guys.

https://flic.kr/p/CwX3dr

A flower bud I took of photo of about 6 years ago. I thought you might like what I did with it D. I really enjoyed reaching a meditative state glancing the paddock today. Trying my hand at some creative editing once again. Words failing me of late, but this depicts the focus I attain when is such concentrated states. Big day of driving. Was good to bond some more with my son in law. Night night. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

It is beautiful ......................
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Early Morning South East Coast QLD Australia - Just out for a casual stroll with my compact camera:

Took this one directly adjacent from shooting position of last photo but up on the street. I'm leaning up against wall next to the stair railing as seen in the reflection off hotel doors.

Very very tired ... yesterdays drive catching up on me and still recovering from PTS ... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Have another EFT session tomorrow. Must remember to ask questions re setting up the affirmations and the 2 part process related to that. As much as I have been trying to keep on track with healthy eating, I have been struggling to get back on track since my recent derailing. Boy oh boy ... the junk food triggers are seriously hard to combat once I partake of even the littlest bit. I will aim to get back out in the morning sun and take a few more snaps. Picked up the flute and since already forgetting the riff I just learned ... I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to just play whatever at any rate.

I'm still moving forward ever so slowly since the whole drama that's still unfolding. See what happens - over the next few months. See what this so called compensation actually brings. In the mean time the accounted is pulling $19.000.00 for one months and then another $50.000.00 for the next while he decides what he is going to do with us. Ludicrous to think the guy in on the board of directors for Australian Volunteers. The he is pulling those kind of funds from a pool of money meant to compensated affected children. Pending the outcome, the wife and I are sitting on that story re ethical services over in NewZealand. Like I say ... see what happens. Looks like he is drawing the whole process out to get what he wants. Ethics ... ethics!

Adios ... until next post.
    Last edited by Ponder; 12-06-2017 at 02:31 AM.

The junk food base on three tastes; salty, sweet, and sour, the combination of them is usually in foods that contain a lot of carbs and sugar. I do believe in addiction to that "food"
    The carbs are immediately converted to glucose and stored on stomach area, for later use, the problem is we never go hungry so day after day we store a bit more,,,,,, insulin is fat storage
    Maybe junk food is connected with some stress relieve D? My weakness is bread, but I am eating only two thin, very thin slices with some things in it on Saturdays, while on Market, The bread is rye bread homemade.
    Pics wonderful like always
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore