Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    I am so sorry , that really bad news about your niece. I think without evil you would not different between good and bad, Human beings are emotional creatures. It is like white would not exist without black ........Compassion; you are born with it, life will not teach you to be compassionate, you are or you are not.
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Interesting perspective D. I think I was born compassionate, but lately feeling a lot of anger thus whilst wishing to be peaceful am currently full of mixed emotions. Emotions hey. Not sure I care for them really. The ability to detach from them I think I am more interested in. So much preaching out there against such an act. Always trying to have us feeling either one extreme of the other.

It is my nephew not niece ... but thanks for the condolences. Much appreciated.

I fought back the urge to have two slices of toast after my dinner last night. I won that battle ... see what happens today. It really has been a full on drug of late. The whole PTSD 'rolls eyes' drama has taken a bit to get over. *&^% the abbreviations that so many people cling to of late. Pffft ... I think we would do better to spell the #*&îng words out. But no ... it's soooo easy to use little abbreviations and labels instead. Another form of mental masturbation for the mind and those of us that love to kid ourselves.

Sun looks good but has been VERY harsh of late. Might get into the weeks while I still can.

Thanks for popping in D ... very glad you have been OK of late. Have you done much with your cards recently???
    Last edited by Ponder; 12-11-2017 at 02:49 PM.

D. it not suppose to battle, I would eat this two slices of toast. If you deprived your body and mind of something it will sneak on you. Just give into desire once and treat it like one time occurrence.
    Yeah I wish I would not to give into my emotions, but it is not achievable for me, I am all emotions. Maybe that's good, Could I help people if I was not emotional and compassionate?
    I do not think so. I do my best to cut down on this ocean of emotions, working on it, and losing the fight
    I am working with cards from time to time, especially when I need some creativity to run through me,
    When I do limit the readings to minimum , i am much happier, I only do it for people who really need it
    you made a point, f*****ng point D , Man I love you dearly, my friend
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

.................................................. .

Family Feuds Suck ... do they not? It's a tough job trying to remain neutral. Night folks ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I was really impressed with the following so figured I would post here in my self made journal:
    Dr. Russ Harris - Acceptance Commitment Therapy
    Happiness Trap by Dr. Russ Harris

Cool vid. His stuff seems a nice mix of Buddhism and pragmatism. Mindfulness and acceptance, but without the desire to reach the religious state of enlightenment whereby one becomes a bit of a vegetable.

I really must check out his book.

Don't underestimate the benefits of becoming a vegetable! The ability to thrive of sunlight, water and basic elements is as liberating as it gets. Imho I would rate such a as the ultimate freedom.

Being a vegetable Rocks! They feel more than we care to admit.

Yea Religion ... holds us back.

Lol, I can't argue with that. I've never seen a stressed out veggie.

V-log Therapy Time

Martin - Keep searching my friend! I like your style. I felt the very same way about Buddhist Drone Syndrome. My view has slightly altered but I get why the term is widely in use. It's important to still feel ... I get understand that too ... and beleive me when reaching states of - No Thinking -/ NOTHING ← notice the missing G replaces 'K' on the end of Nothin ... as in NO -THIN 'K' - The feeling that then takes place is so much more than any of the terms we think we know as happiness, joy and bliss - so much more than what we know of prosperity and abundance. All those terms are far limited compared to reaching states of nothing - of no thinking. I try to explain in my latest Vlog ... if you care to see... I link below.

Thanks for the encouragement to post another V-log Barong. I do beleive it has helped. Although I go over much of the same stuff - it's like playing a tune. I'm getting better the more I practice. Or at least I like to think so. I feel like something has clicked this time around or just about to fall into place. It's more a knowing than any kind of intellect that I could put into words ... although I try. I think my V-logs are more about tone than the words themselves. The latter is very important to me.

The render job is taking a while on this video. I might go lay down for a bit and if I wake up, I'll upload then ... otherwise will post in the morning. I put in some updated flute playing in the beginning and end.

In the mean time be sure to check out these links:
    How to Stimulate Your Vagus Nerve for Better Mental Health
    My mentor and EFT practitioner put me on to this ... for me it's a paradise of information on so many levels!!!

Also these ones as well:
    Could Strengthening Your Vagus Nerve Be The Secret To Crushing Your Anxiety?

10 Vagus Nerve Symptoms and How To Treat Them

The Vagus Nerve and Health

WIKI Vagus nerve

If your looking for one thing that leads to many ... then check out all you can about the Vagus Nerve! The facts about good health are not new, but the relevance in how much of it is all related is what I find very - Very interesting.
    Last edited by Ponder; 12-13-2017 at 05:45 AM.