Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

The Dark Side of Antidepressants

Yes - It can take up to six weeks for your body to give into the poisoning effect that takes place in the initial period. After such time you will become dependent on taking your medication in order to function normally. You will experience a honeymoon period where the world and all your troubles have seemingly vanished and you'll be thanking your doctor and praising the medical community. Some time in the near future your body will become used to the medication and either require a new strain and or upping of dosages. You will become well versed in the array of available medications and justify the need to stay on them as your body will have gone though hell in your attempts to come off them. You will be one of millions who claim they simply can not sleep, awake,work or socialize without them.

Here is an excellent link that describes very well The Dark Side of Antidepressants:
    https://chriskresser.com/the-dark-si...tidepressants/
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

"...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Ponder I always find these arguments interesting . I agree that these are poison, as are, really, most medicines to our bodies. For example I have been given an array of medications to control my Lupus and Pulmonary hypertension (high pressures in the vessels in the lungs that leads to heart failure), and yet the side effects of those meds includes increased risk of melanoma, liver cancer, pneumonia... amongst a long list of others...hence regular screening by blood tests, scans etc.It is like putting water in a bucket with a hole in it! I have much trouble being compliant with the medications because of their side effects, much to the dismay of the doctors who hope to prolong the progression of the pulmonary problem as there is no cure, and yes I am trying alternatives. I can't say I am totally for or against in a general sense. I am certainly against their use in children, as well as them being freely prescribed without serious consideration to other options. Certainly a natural route is better, without meaning to put down those that choose the other way, because i don't want to include people with say cancer who are experiencing insomnia or depression as a side effect of their meds and cant cope. That said, poison on poison is not easy either. Any thoughts?

The stupidity of human behavior reminds me of the closing scene in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Season 3: EP. 12 where Julian Bashir states … “You know commander – having seen a little of the 21st Century there is one thing I don’t understand. How could they of let things get so bad? To which the Benjamin Sisko replies … “That’s an excellent question. I wish I had an answer.”

The following is an excellent article that paints well a picture that reveals how we have been lead to believe that the grinding despair and helplessness of depression is just a "chemical imbalance" somewhat like diabetes or high blood pressure. The treatment of choice, we are told, is always a drug: Prozac, another Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor (SSRI) like Zoloft or Paxil, or perhaps another, newer antidepressant like Wellbutrin or Serzone. These miraculous drugs, the story goes, are effective with 75 to 85 percent of the people who take them. In this prevailing cultural script, therapy, like an old character actor, is sometimes ignored altogether, and never given more than a minor supporting role. Only one solution, apparently, is needed, and only one is offered: the passive consumption of a pill.

Find out more on how one generation after the next have been hoodwinked into such a view through mass marketing campaigns that have used falsified scientific claims that are in the end nothing but myths:

Exposing the Mythmakers
    by Barry Duncan, Scott Miller and Jacqueline Sparks

Hi barbimay - just reading you and thinking now.

Updating now:

Yea – You’ve nailed that well. Lupus and many other forms of autoimmune disease are as much a side effect from the chemical imbalance attributed to our wonderful farming practices and resultant foods. Treating our body for biological imbalance does little to correct the problem at the source. In fact as you have already alluded, such treatments often lead to on-going issues which I am saying is more in tune with pharmaceutical agendas which differ from those well-meaning medical students who wish to alleviate and or cure our pain.

Let alone the $$$ made from the “created need” for more drugs, those on going blood tests and scans also create a likewise nifty profit! (not too mention more jobs!) In the same way we can’t stop building more houses and shops, so too we create more machines and come up with more research findings and of course; more grants!

That’s the big picture no one really wants to admit, unless it’s to do with creating more $$$/need/illness and suffering. It’s no different with anti-depressants and in fact it’s a HUGE market that’s feeding the mental health crisis that’s more dramatized for the selling of more strains and more drugs; as opposed to calling a spade a spade.

It truly has become the easy way out. I just recently posted in another thread about how well our medical industry now takes care of the sick. So much so that patients care less to heal. They are quick to dismiss holistic and or alternative methods that takes the long road guiding the sick towards the source. Given we live in a society that has finely tuned chemical dependency – it’s just too damn hard for the masses to accept anything else other than the taking of pills.

Nothing wrong with chemical bainaids – but were talking a massive mental health crisis here that’s only getting worse. In keeping with this so called misinterpreted concept referred to as homeostasis – I’m speaking out to keep this on an even keel.

I hope some of that made sense as I’m just about ready for bed. Thanks for your response. Much appreciated. I am happy to discus.

PS - for what it is worth ... I have lupus in my family ... as well as MS ... Personally I have worked with many harmful chemicals that required me to where respirators and protective clothes (mass paint production factory) - I've been exposed to sprays working the fields (seasonal field worker for many years) so the city folk could eat their bug free foods. My organs have been severely affected and left me with all kind of issues, however I am pleased to say I am able to control the burning, flaky skin and flare ups by using food as my medicine. An irony really when I consider just how toxic such is sold off our shelves. Alas - it's not just the food we eat but how we also live our lives ... down to what we choose to believe. More so believing in ourselves !!! Sadly the latter is falsely fobbed of as mere placebo which is actually quite sad. The power of what we choose to think and feel is what gives us the ability to heal - or not.

Something like that. Yep ... I'm in need of charging up. I'm not exactly the full quid myself ... but is OK - I am what I am ... thx again for tuning in.

Adios ... until we next meet.
    Last edited by Ponder; 03-23-2017 at 05:03 AM.