Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: meditiation

meditiation

5 minutes of meditation a couple times a day has been really helpful in easing some anxiety

Would love to hear other people's experiences?

welcome to the forum, we have a few threads about it. I do meditate for whole my long life, no maybe not whole but the 25 years for sure. I always recommend the meditation before taking medication )
    It saved my life so many times. You should try to do it 15 minutes twice a day if possible. 5 minutes is better than none but the body does not relax in 5 minutes, when the body is tense mind will not calm down
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

thanks for the advice Dahlia

Happiness no problem it is my pleasure, Have you ever use guided meditation? I really recommend my favorite one Jon Kabat Zinn his audiobooks are awesome and a lot of guided meditation of his on youtube. His voice is calming me down so fast )
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

great...will check it out

Yep - Meditation is great for those of us feeling suicidal and homicidal. I fully recommend it. It's also great if your just in need of finding space.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by happiness82 View Post
    5 minutes of meditation a couple times a day has been really helpful in easing some anxiety

Would love to hear other people's experiences?
    I've always had trouble falling asleep, but have now started to meditate myself to sleep, and it works!

I absolutely LOVE meditation and the fact it really helps with anxiety. Like Dhalia mentioned I try and meditate for 15-20 minutes a day. I find that it makes me calmer, more focused, and problems don't seem as big.

Do you know any meditation apps?

Headspace and Breathe.

Josh