Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Arr yes - good point Jennifer. That makes a lot of sense. I often find that frustrating as I'm always signing up to different forums and know what you mean.

I am loading that link up now as a reminder to read later. It will make for a good distraction for me and look forward to sharing what I think.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

After reading through - it's definitely insightful and hopeful, however they are selling probiotics like research papers sell medicines.

Best to research the pros and cons of probotics first before diving into the awe of this article. Is how I operate at least.

That said - without a doubt there is a connection between the gut and the brain. The best way to heal the gut is with lifestyle and REAL food. In fact, taking probiotics is useless if you do not know how to eat for the gut. How to heal your gut.

Things like fasting, watching what you eat, how you eat, how you cook, when not to cook, when to eat raw, what kinds of foods to mix, what foods to avoid, how much to drink, what you drink, avoiding stress, seeking out contented experiences (happy if you prefer) - how you think, what you say, what you beleive, activity levle, sunshine, fresh air, hydration, hygiene, quality of sleep, relationships and on and on and on ... Boy oh boy! TOO MUCH hey ... let's just sell em a fix $$$.

The message on how important gut health is most certainly one of my own new discoveries and the take home message of that article ... but as for the probiotics themselves ... If you rely on them like medicines, then I don't see much of a future when it comes to fostering independence and without fully appreciating the mix of all my previous points; it just becomes another one sided affair that leads to imbalance. A round about that sees people see sawing like those with fad diets.

There is in fact a lot that can be reversed. But I won't even go there. Not just now. It's promising stuff to say the least - but only as an implementation to the wider field of maintaining health and well being. It validates those who currently use food as medicine, adopting healthy lifestyle practices and so and on and on ... yaddda yadda.

I find it a shame that this fact was not really hit on ... but that's because of the overall agenda to push probiotics ... as new super strain that's going to save our world. LOL

Forgive me Jen ... It was a good read. I enjoyed it very much. TY ... my 2 cents is all. A good water fast is much cheaper, but not everyone can do that for a multitude of reasons. Probiotics are no doubt a good primer and possbily a must for those who do not know how to eat ... or just too lazing and lack the will. Very very expensive as well. Just search on how to heal the gut. Gut Health.

Read this before you take a probiotic

Boosting Gut Flora without Probiotics (plant based eating ... avoid the cons of eating meats ... no need for dairy either)

Healing the gut without probiotics

This is why I am careful when reading these wonder claims. Especially when they lead to profit which is 99% the case. It's probably been a blessing in disguise that I can't race out and buy all these quick fixes.

None the less ... each to their own.

I'm thankful though for the message. GUT HEALTH is indeed poor in anyone who eats poorly and stuck on meds. If I owned a house; I'd place that on a bet! I'm betting the atmosphere all round would pick up if we all attempted to heal our guts.
    We are what we eat. This is what most people go back to after their wonder dose of probitoic or any daily / 3 times fix
    Last edited by Ponder; 05-01-2017 at 02:45 AM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

I agree that probiotics all on their own are not the secret golden key that unlocks the door to wellness.

I do, believe, however, that probiotics are a critical path toward gut healing, along with a good diet (including eliminating the biggest inflammatory triggers of gluten, dairy, and sugar), supplements, and lifestyle changes. Probiotics is just one piece of the puzzle.

Glad you read it, and thanks for posting your thoughts!

Jennifer

Your most welcome. Here are a few more:

If it were not for the fact that we live in a toxic world, one may be able to reason the use of clean food and healthy exposure as key. "Oh but thousands of years ago and bla bla bla" Both of those elements have now been poisoned which is why all these healthy chemicals are now sold in bottles and various containers. Only the elite within our communities can afford organic food yet they are "still" subject too toxic chemicals outside their control.

When you factor in the unfolding truth within the array of theory's that highlight the move to fine tune our world to bottle water and now oxygen booths; is it any wonder we are lead to beleive that the only way we can sustain our health is to purchase powders and pills. Sadly for whatever reason we find ourselves in such a society and regardless of the latest conspiracy - the truth is that our cultures creates its own instability and then proceeds to conjure up all kinds of reasons to sell itself the quickest fix.

In this context holding such thoughts in our guts can make any Worldy Potion moot as the prospect to seeing ones freedoms taken away, only to have them sold back to the few; still has us questioning that feeling that just wont go away. "Is this really a healthy way to be? ... Is it really worth the price we pay?" In this light I am coming to see how it is that the spiritual teachers of our world circumnavigate this need to control our bodies and live the most balanced of lives without the want for created needs.

I myself have gone as far as I can go with food and also the myriad of manufactured needs. Dealing with what we have done to our world and seeing it for what it is, as opposed to those in control would have us believe - is the most critical part for me.

Holding the truth no matter the stakes without investing our thoughts as we are taught to beleive and to accept the instability as too for what it is - Is a path that far exceeds bogus freedoms that corporations associate with their laboratory solutions.

Plainly put - far better to live with the truth and experience an element of discomfort than to live a fantasy that adds to the pain. Just as we are enduring generations of gym junkies, we now also have well-being yuppies. Just stirring the pot there with that last statement for those who don't understand what I have to say.

Time for me to take my probiotics.

Seriously just kidding.

If I could keep up with and afford all these engineered freedoms I am sure I would have a different point of view (but would still question) - fact is - I'm just part of the byproduct that does not. All the same ... my gut feeling - still - feels pretty good!

Stay Tuned Folks ... Next is MIND OVER MATTER - How to escape the prison of self. No laboratory solutions required. Completely FREE!
    Last edited by Ponder; 05-02-2017 at 04:13 PM.

I don't usually take anything until I know what Kirk thinks of it.

I guess Lab Rats have their purpose. lol