Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Worried Time is Running Out

I remember being diagnosed with depression and anxiety when I was 14 years old but now that I'm older I realize I've had some of these symptoms my whole life. I've had my fair share of tragedy, my mom was robbed with her life threatened, my dad was an alcholic my entire life, I watched him die, watched my grandfather lose himself because of Alzheimers, etc. Basically i've watched death and death tale and I guess maybe thats one of the reasons I always expect the worst. I'm 21 now and completely at a loss. Every waking moment I experience stress. It feels like any positive emotions I've had have been taken away from me. It's either stress, anxiety, anger/irritablity, or numbness. Even my negative emotions are fading away. I feel like I'm never here, like my head isn't clear. I try to think positive things but I'm so terrified my happiness will never come back. I try to stay strong for my loved ones but even now my mom is in heart failure and my friends are going through their own battles. Even being with my boyfriend only brings me stress and anxiety. I need to know how to get through this. For me and for them. I'm scared I've already lost.

Welcome to the forum. I saw my mother, then father, then uncle die all within a years time from 2012-2013.
    My wife was robbed at gunpoint and handcuffed where she worked around 15 years ago. I was robbed at
    gunpoint when I was 18 working at a McDonalds and a gun was held to my temple and I was told if
    I moved, I was dead. You will get through this. Life is full of stressful moments and many are out of
    your control. Get the support you need and you will be OK. You are only 21. have age on your side and
    will bounce back.

A lot of people who are seriously depressed think happiness won't ever return, KBird. Just knowing that and realizing that may help you some.

I was in severe depression when I was a teenager. And I thought the happy days of my life before that depression hit me would never return. But I was wrong.

Time can heal everything Just open your heart and happiness will come to you.

Hi KBird,

I am 20, so I completely understand the stress of friends and boyfriends. It is the time were we as emerging adults are trying to find ourselves and deal with the added on day to day stresses that accompany our day to day lives. And I am sorry to hear all of the obstacles and heart aches that you have gone through in your life, at such a young age that is more than some people may even experience in their lifetimes. I know that things seem to be really tough right now and just know that you have not lost. Everyday you wake up breathing you have an opportunity to live another day. Though things are hard now for you, I truly hope you will be able to find comfort in this message and know that you are not alone. I wish you the very best.

you haven't lost...stay in the fight!! Mind over matter

Quote Originally Posted by Jull View Post
    Time can heal everything Just open your heart and happiness will come to you.
    Well said JULL!