Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: This guy I like

This guy I like

There's this guy that I have known for 16 years since middle school and we have been in different church groups together and recently I had some dreams about being with him romantically. I haven't had dreams like that about him until a month ago. Over the last seven months I have been involved in 2 different church groups with him where we see each other twice a week, and before that we hadn't seen each other in years since I went to his Baptist Church in high school. I'm starting to kind of have feelings for him which is weird to me because I have never felt that way about him before. But alot of the time he doesn't show much interest in talking to me and a lot of times says hi in a short tone or barely at all and hardly talks to me, whereas he talks a lot to the other girls. So I don't know if he likes me or what the deal is, why he acts like this towards me.
    A couple nights ago I tried to say hi to him several times and all he did was glance at me and wave, didnt say hi back. And kept ignoring me, while he was talking to the other girls. And I overheard him making plans with a girl to go out and giving her his number! Omg and then he and a friend were talking and he mentioned this guy who hasnt been in awhile and so I asked where has he been why isnt he here tonight and he said you seem very interested in him, do you like him? I... said no, and he said is there anyone you like and I said yes, and he asked who, do I know him?. Um what? I didnt know what to say so I said maybe, and he said does he know you like him and I said I doubt it so he said you should tell him. Why would I do that when he doesnt even say hi and barely acknowledges me and makes plans to go out with another girl? And then when he was leaving I said bye and he said bye in a short tone and I said it was nice to see you, and he just looked down with a weirded out look on his face. why?
    And then last night when I said hi ihe only said hello in a short tone and then immediately turned and started talking to these other girls, then sat down with an empty space next to him and when I walked up to him he gave me a weird look and then this other girl came over and he gestured to have her sit next to him. but not me. And then later another time I was sitting with an empty spot next to me and instead of sitting next to me he went over across the room and sat somewhere else. why?

Hello jashbagash,

Instead of waiting for him to reveal to you, what you would like to see; why don't you share the way you feel towards him. Consider making the effort to initiate more of the conversation. That way you can better gauge how he feels towards you without relying on just the way he says hi or how & where he sits. Be prepared to accept the way he feels regardless of how it is that you sense his feelings. Often we allow our own feelings to cloud our interpretations.

Does that make sense?

Oh ... and by the way ... Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by Ponder; 03-01-2017 at 09:06 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Hey girl, there's a quote that I really like, it is "Love runs from those who chase it"
    So don't let this guy annoy your lifestyle. Just be you And perhaps better guys will have crush on you

hey there
    sounds like this guy barely deserves you. i know you really like him but focus on improving yourself. read self-improvement books, hit the gym...other guys will notice i promise

Try to talk to him again if he does the same reaction of least interested to talk to you, just leave him. I doesn't worth to wait for him.