Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thumbs down I'm new here: Hi!

Maybe an overly-positive way to introduce myself to a group of individuals who are dealing with serious mental issues. I'm dealing with it too, so I think that makes it okay. I'm here because I feel as if my will to do anything but wallow has fallen away. I have no motivation. I developed serious anxiety issues, similar to OCD, about two years ago and instead of getting better it just keeps getting worse. It's germ related fears, so using a public restroom is an exhausting experience. Walking down the street is exhausting. I feel heavy, like I can't breathe? I don't mean to sound melodramatic, I want to say I'll be fine, this will blow over. But I'm not sure it will? I keep panicking about how I might have to deal with this for the rest of my life. What are some coping techniques you all have gained? I haven't been able to breathe easy in months and I just need a reprieve.
    Much love.

Well, I think the first thing to do is stop panicking and thinking it will last forever! It won't.

Welcome to the forum ... Nice to meet you. More members joining every day. WooHoo.

You got any hobbies you like to do when not stressing out like so?

I like to run around the block then come in here and write.

Nice profile ... what kind of guitar do you play?
    Last edited by Ponder; 02-28-2017 at 09:36 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

I don't have SERIOUS issues.... no, nothing like that, just debilitating worry and so on which sometimes gets in my way. And as I get older, the annoying feeling that I could have accomplished so much more if self-doubt and anxiety-triggered paralysis didn't get in the way.

Welcome ot the forum. I would try to keep your mind occupied with constructive things such as hobbies, work, things you enjoy, etc.
    These feelings will eventually pass.