Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Panic 468x60
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 92
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I believe that some anxiety is just part of life and you have to learn how to deal with it the best you can.
    Agree 100 percent. As my therapist once said, it's not the body's response that is the problem, because that's perfectly natural. It's the irrational fear that is the problem. Conquer that, and you're well on your way to control over the problem. Rational fears, on the other hand, should absolutely produce these symptoms and if they don't, you've got other problems.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I believe that some anxiety is just part of life and you have to learn how to deal with it the best you can.
    But "some anxiety" isn't what we are talking about. We are talking about an anxiety disorder where it is out of control off the charts anxiety. We are talking about when someone's life is debilitated and for me, I am speaking directly about people that have panic attacks regularly and can be triggered at the slightest thing such as being in an elevator or simply leaving their home. This type of disorder can totally be overcome and the symptoms gone by following a step by step process of healing the body an mind and breaking bad habits.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Synner View Post
    I

    I just think actual instructions are best left to the professionals..
    So when a professional helps you "cure" your anxiety disorder 100% let us all know. So far, they don't seem to have a good track record. Even CBT is essentially YOU doing the work, hence the title of this thread. Until you doctor cures you, might as well listen to those who have overcome it. This website is filled with people who have trusted their "professionals" and are still here! What I do is I help guide people to their healing path, and then they can figure out the rest. Such as this thread which you did not comprehend about how "you have to do the work". You were very quick to counter argue though before understanding what I even said and have been saying! I did not say exactly what that work must be, did I?
    It is a general statement that everyone can internalize and come up with their own meaning.

    I did list the many things I did to go from extreme panic disorder to none up in the Techniques thread in the stickies and it was never intended to mean "do exactly this only" but to show what is out there and explain the logic in it all, in which people can then use that as a foundation to come up with their own healing regimen.

    But hey, let us know when your doctor offers you that miracle pill.

    By the way, the core treatment comes from YOU anyway!

  4. #64
    My post wasn't entirely directed at you. Further, I never said I disagree with your message. Just your delivery.

    I have mentioned in other posts that there is no simple "cure". That different things work for different people but not others.

    What I do not agree with are post's I see around here telling people to stay away from this or that. Or to try this or that med/supplement without even discussing it with their doctors. Doctors aren't the enemy. They know what they're doing for the most part. The problem, as I just noted, is that everyone responds differently so it's basically a guessing game. So whille telling someone what worked for you is helpful advice, insisting it will also cure them is not accurate, and quite possibly dangerous.

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Synner View Post
    My post wasn't entirely directed at you. Further, I never said I disagree with your message. Just your delivery.
    I you don't like my delivery then don't read my posts. I don't like your delivery therefore I would not want to wast my time on your threads that you start.

    Quote Originally Posted by Synner View Post
    I have mentioned in other posts that there is no simple "cure".
    Not one person on this forum has ever said there is an easy cure so I have no idea what you are talking about or who you are arguing with. The topic of this thread is about doing the hard work. And from that you come up with we are saying there is an easy cure? "doing the work" implies there is no easy cure by the nature of the phrase.


    Quote Originally Posted by Synner View Post
    What I do not agree with are post's I see around here telling people to stay away from this or that.
    People do this because after $3000 in doctor visits many people still are not better or they don't want to get all chemicled up so are seeking help from those that may have help for them, or for water reason, are either seeking comfort or are seeking advice. This is not a disease like cancer, this is anxiety.

    Quote Originally Posted by Synner View Post
    Or to try this or that med/supplement without even discussing it with their doctors.
    Conventional Doctors have no idea about herbs or supplements, they are doctors, they deal in pharmaceuticals! Duh!

    Quote Originally Posted by Synner View Post
    Doctors aren't the enemy. They know what they're doing for the most part.
    Oh really? Find one person here who had a massive anxiety disorder and were totally better because of the doctor's standard treatment, and totally off meds and maintaining an anxiety disorder free life. I'll be waiting for this mythological person to present to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Synner View Post
    The problem, as I just noted, is that everyone responds differently so it's basically a guessing game. So whille telling someone what worked for you is helpful advice, insisting it will also cure them is not accurate, and quite possibly dangerous.
    The problem is no matter how many times I explain it to you, you don't comprehend it or understand what it is I am trying to do. You do not need to keep repeating these talking points of "Everyone is different and therefore everyone needs specific treatments". Nobody here is saying everyone must do exactly the same thing 100% without variation. That is like saying to lose weight and gain muscle everyone needs a different program when someone says they need to eat less and exercise. Yeah, we get it!

    What is funny is you say this yet doctors pretty much treat all anxiety disorders virtually the same or just a few methods. What do we have? Klonopins, Xanax? anything else? A progressive doctor will recommend CBT. Ask 10 people that went to MDs for anxiety what their treatment was and let us know all the massive varieties and creativity in their treatments.

    Nothing I say is dangerous. What is dangerous is people like you that can't fully understand what it is I am saying, and use talking points against me and drive people to more fear and apprehension, when what they really need is direction on where to start. I have not had one person tell me they were worse off by using my guidelines and have only had people tell me they improved. Because guess what? Someone who has been diagnosed as no physical problem, but with an anxiety diagnosis, the only thing that will actually take them to the finish line, is their own work that they put into it, not a pill, not surgery, not some magical scientific discovery. That path to healing will involve a multitude of things, and by reading what I did, or anyone else who got better, they can create their own path to healing based on what others have done before them. It is what Claire Weeks, Charles Linden, David Johnson, and many of the anxiety books an programs out there are based on.

    The only people that follow my advice anyway, are the highly motivated people that want to put the healing into their own hands. People that only want a doctor's care an nothing else are not going to bother with anything I say. It isn't like I am forcing them or anything. I just provide information that people can take it or leave it.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by PanicCured View Post
    I think subconsciously some people do not want to get better because they identify with anxiety and do not want to lose that identity.
    Yes let's talk about this. First, that is true but that's because all of us feel like we're lost and I can't blame them for wanting to be that way... We can't also blame and feel sorry for ourselves. Besides, without our identity then who are we, right? This is where the blaming and the lies comes from. I've noticed this because I'm one of the victim. I mean, if I have friends who can stay calm when they don't even have an identity (yes, even without anxiety as their identity) then there's something seriously wrong with us. Why are we so afraid of being judged? Why do we lose hope so quickly? Why don't we want to admit we're over thinking? I know, being over-thinkers is the most embarrassing thing that anyone could have done... If we just do without thinking too much, we actually CAN be accomplished and when we can, we can feel like times wasted. I gave up worrying when I've lost one of my greatest friend just last few months ago. Life is seriously short and at the same time, we're not superhuman so goals are important, also to be very organised in whatever we do and we need to learn together about emotional intelligence then cut down on caffeine. From here, you can map where I'm going. One of my best mouthing words of encouragement during panic attack is reminding myself that they are just feelings. It really works because nothing happens.

    Please believe me, I know it's not easy to achieve something so simple..... But at some point, we will all feel tired for being negative. Trust me on this. Peace. Oh wait, and.... Prove to the people that we have leadership skills someday
    Last edited by FloraRistic123; 03-08-2017 at 09:46 PM.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by FloraRistic123 View Post
    Yes let's talk about this. First, that is true but that's because all of us feel like we're lost and I can't blame them for wanting to be that way... We can't also blame and feel sorry for ourselves. Besides, without our identity then who are we, right? This is where the blaming and the lies comes from. I've noticed this because I'm one of the victim. I mean, if I have friends who can stay calm when they don't even have an identity (yes, even without anxiety as their identity) then there's something seriously wrong with us. Why are we so afraid of being judged? Why do we lose hope so quickly? Why don't we want to admit we're over thinking? I know, being over-thinkers is the most embarrassing thing that anyone could have done... If we just do without thinking too much, we actually CAN be accomplished and when we can, we can feel like times wasted. I gave up worrying when I've lost one of my greatest friend just last few months ago. Life is seriously short and at the same time, we're not superhuman so goals are important, also to be very organised in whatever we do and we need to learn together about emotional intelligence then cut down on caffeine. From here, you can map where I'm going. One of my best mouthing words of encouragement during panic attack is reminding myself that they are just feelings. It really works because nothing happens.

    Please believe me, I know it's not easy to achieve something so simple..... But at some point, we will all feel tired for being negative. Trust me on this. Peace.
    It is my belief, that there is a physical component to an anxiety disorder where the nervous system has crashed and becomes ultra-sensitive, and does need to be rebuilt alongside fixing the mental aspect. I have no proof or studies to prove this, this is my belief from my experience. The good news is your body is always trying to heal itself by means of homeostasis, so we just need to helps assist it in this process. That is why I am a strong believer in supplements alongside the dealing with the psychological an behavioral aspect of it all.

    But by far, the worst case scenario is when it becomes an identity. It is like someone who says, "Oh no I don't fly planes." There is no hope for this person. What about the person who just does not ever go in crowds, an has accepted that is who they are? That is when their identity to the anxiety becomes a problem.

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    291
    PC..

    I am not disagreeing with your message. Yes you need to "do the work" if you want to recover. I have said myself, that drugs are not a stand alone solution.

    But I disagree with your inference that anyone not doing the work, just wants to live with anxiety, or is lazy.

    You described your anxiety as 11/10. Do you really think that anxiety can have a mere 10 point scale? I would bet that if you asked on this site, at least 50% would describe their worst moments as 11/10.

    Have you been violently sexual assaulted? Have you been through war? Did you have a near death experience? Were your parent's abusive? Did you have a long history of anxiety?

    What exactly did you recover from?

    You say to do the work..what exactly does it mean to "do the work". Yes i read your other posts. You advocate passive acceptance and exposure therapy. So what does that mean for exactly? Do we do 20 minutes of exposure therapy per day, every other day? As often as possible? what are the specifics?

    When I first got my condition, I was so uncomfortable, easily "11/10". I'd actually say more like "12/10" (I won't go over my list of symptoms again..it's out there) I posted on a ptsd related discussion board. They all kind of laughed at me. If you read their horror stories, you can discover a new definition of problematic anxiety. People that go weeks without sleeping. They can't leave their beds. All sorts of horrors.

    On top of that, keep in mind that everyone's bio-chemistry is different. Some people may not see recovery after months of putting in the work. It is easy to see why they would be discouraged.

    As far as the use of supplements go, the only proof that you have that they work is that you used them yourself (at the same time you were doing CBT) as your recovered. I really don't understand how a smart guy could fail to see the logic here. You can't prove how much of your recovery was CBT and how much was aided by supplements. Your guidelines for recovery are all based on hunches being disguised as "facts".
    Last edited by Teafrenzy; 03-08-2017 at 11:05 PM.

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Maryland (MD)
    Posts
    1,194
    I think each person has to find what works best for them.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I think each person has to find what works best for them.
    Exactly my point.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Panic Large