Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Panic 468x60
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by salvator here View Post
    Gypsylee is one of the most thoughtful, kind, caring and supportive members on this forum we're lucky to have her!
    She finds any post I make and hurls abuse at me offering no benefit to anything that has been said. She ruins every thread I make. I have no sympathy for her, and you guys can go get a room!

Quote Originally Posted by richierich25 View Post
    I 1000% percent agree with you and I think this is the best advice you can give to anyone about anxiety/panic. My first step to getting better is truly understanding what anxiety/panic disorder is. Understand its side effects, and once you've truly understood stay off of GOOGLE!!!! Stop thinking you have every disease in the book because you will drive yourself crazy. As far as Meditation/Yoga/diet/workingout/supplements/medication/therapy you have to do your homework on it and understand that this part is trial by error because what works form someone else might not work for you but you should not be discouraged. I've tried countless things that either helped or did not but I finally found what works for me and I am able to manage day by day. So like Panic said and its the most important thing to understand "You have to do the work"!
    Real great response! Very insightful!

Quote Originally Posted by PanicCured View Post
    She finds any post I make and hurls abuse at me offering no benefit to anything that has been said. She ruins every thread I make. I have no sympathy for her, and you guys can go get a room!
    Talk about catastrophic thinking

No way around it, you have to actually DO the work. You can read every book you can get your hands on about anxiety, take every supplement you read about and any pharmaceutical your doctor prescribes, you can come on every internet forum supporting each other everyday, and even if you receive great benefit from them, there is no way around it, you have to do the work and the work that you and you do alone, will be the core of how you get better! Everyone here that went from panicking freak out mode to normal mode has 1 thing in common, they all had a strong will to do the work!
    Well said PanicCured. I know we have not always been on the same page - however your thoughts here are dead on target with my own.

Try not to take things too personal with how others react. I upset enough people myself with how I express my truth. A lot of what you have to say for me is true enough. Most people can't handle the truth, but don't let that ever stop you from saying what you must.

You have been as supportive as Gypsy and or any other well meaning member of this forum. I can even say the same of my peers I have on ignore. We are all in this together.

Once again - for me ... your initial post in this thread hits the nail on the head and best describes my genuine intent with most of what I say ... the doing is more important than the message itself. It takes a LOT of work. In this I know your efforts in what you write are well reflected.

Peace Brother and or Sis.

Many things in life require effort. Their is an old song by Ringo Starr, which is titled "You know it don't come Easy", which is what overcoming anxiety can be equated to.

I do agree though, its takes work to get better. I've been making some positive (and well thought out) changes this year to improve myself. I realized expecting other people, pills alone, the forum alone could not solve my problems. It takes will and determination. I know I will get there hopefully sooner than later.

Okay: On your mark.. get set.. GO.. LMAO Gypsy - I might have to agree with you there

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    Well said PanicCured. I know we have not always been on the same page - however your thoughts here are dead on target with my own.

Try not to take things too personal with how others react. I upset enough people myself with how I express my truth. A lot of what you have to say for me is true enough. Most people can't handle the truth, but don't let that ever stop you from saying what you must.

You have been as supportive as Gypsy and or any other well meaning member of this forum. I can even say the same of my peers I have on ignore. We are all in this together.

Once again - for me ... your initial post in this thread hits the nail on the head and best describes my genuine intent with most of what I say ... the doing is more important than the message itself. It takes a LOT of work. In this I know your efforts in what you write are well reflected.

Peace Brother and or Sis.
    Oh man, you really thought I could be a Sis? That's pretty funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    Many things in life require effort. Their is an old song by Ringo Starr, which is titled "You know it don't come Easy", which is what overcoming anxiety can be equated to.
    Do you think you may be the first person to quote Ringo Starr? I don't think I ever met anyone who listened to Ringo's solo stuff. Pretty cool!

I figured as much however just wanted to be sure. Matters little to me either way.

Keeping in tune with this thread, here is is a song from my play list that goes along with with Kirk's Ringo Star Quote:

No Easy Way Out - original version.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On-x_DtofzQ

Helps me to keep working when things get tough. Although does not mean we have to beat ourselves up.

It is pretty funny. This place is a sausage fest.

https://youtu.be/9Wl_uQOABxg
    Last edited by gypsylee; 02-23-2017 at 06:49 PM.