Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    No, I didn't dodge them. Dodging implies I don't have answers. I ignored them because of the insults that accompanied the questions.

For your first question, the answer is me. I followed my doc's advice, to the letter. I eventually got completely off meds and stayed panic and med free for 10 years. Had a flare up about 10 years ago and went back on med / therapy for awhile then went another 10 years. Today I'm turning the corner on another flareup, on meds and seeing a therapist. I'm on the road to recovery and I expect I'll be back off meds again in relatively short order.

I don't believe the problem is a lack of treatment options. I believe a big part of the issue is a lack of adequate insurance coverage in many cases. I'm fortunate in that I can see my doctor and therapist whenever I need to about my issues without any significant out of pocket expense. Many are not so fortunate. I can afford to keep trying different things, which is what I did until I found something that worked for me.

You and I have a fundamental disagreement. You believe these problems can be cured. I don't. I believe you can manage them to the point that they no longer affect you. But the potential for a flare up is always there.

It's OK that we disagree as long as we both have the same goal. Which I think we do. To help other people suffering from these issues. What I do have a problem with is insinuating that one knows more about treatments than a trained professional. Like I said, I find that approach to be misleading at best, and dangerous at worst.

Now...I've answered your questions. Can you respond without insulting me?

Quote Originally Posted by PanicCured View Post
    Have you heard of a thing called the subconscious? See, people do things from their subconscious all of the time without fully realizing what they are doing. So, many people who have built their identity as an anxious person with limitation
    Just like you've built up your identity as some sort of master healer. You view yourself as having the ability to cure an illness that the medical profession deems incurable. You believe yourself smarter than doctors and psychiatrists that have spent decades mastering their craft.

While sufferers don't view anxiety with objective eyes, neither do you. Your identity is so wrapped up in this superiority complex you have, it's impossible to have an adult debate with you. How can you discuss things with a person that uses phrases like "I'm 100% right" "I'm 100% cured"...?

This explains why you become so hostile and evasive when you're directly challenged to prove your assertions. You feel your very identity and esteem is at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Teafrenzy View Post
    You don't answer anything directly. There's no point debating anything with you.
    I explained shit here in baby talk, and you still can't comprehend it? The problem is you! Nice try to pin it on me when I back you in a corner since you have nothing to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Synner View Post
    No, I didn't dodge them. Dodging implies I don't have answers. I ignored them because of the insults that accompanied the questions.

For your first question, the answer is me. I followed my doc's advice, to the letter. I eventually got completely off meds and stayed panic and med free for 10 years. Had a flare up about 10 years ago and went back on med / therapy for awhile then went another 10 years. Today I'm turning the corner on another flareup, on meds and seeing a therapist. I'm on the road to recovery and I expect I'll be back off meds again in relatively short order.

I don't believe the problem is a lack of treatment options. I believe a big part of the issue is a lack of adequate insurance coverage in many cases. I'm fortunate in that I can see my doctor and therapist whenever I need to about my issues without any significant out of pocket expense. Many are not so fortunate. I can afford to keep trying different things, which is what I did until I found something that worked for me.

You and I have a fundamental disagreement. You believe these problems can be cured. I don't. I believe you can manage them to the point that they no longer affect you. But the potential for a flare up is always there.

It's OK that we disagree as long as we both have the same goal. Which I think we do. To help other people suffering from these issues. What I do have a problem with is insinuating that one knows more about treatments than a trained professional. Like I said, I find that approach to be misleading at best, and dangerous at worst.

Now...I've answered your questions. Can you respond without insulting me?

So after all of your page of bullshit you still did not answer the fundamental flaw in your stupid pathetic argument:

You insult every way I had listed for people to get better, even though many people like me, who did similar things got excellent results. So I asked you point blank, since you ONLY follow conventional treatments, what do doctors have to cure anxiety? Oh you don't like the word, "cure", so use whatever fuckin word you want to use. From panic disorder to normal life, what method does an MD have to get someone from server panic disorder to normal life (since you don't like the war cure, even though it is a cure) without being on drugs daily on Xanax an dKlonopjns.

Oh and guess why you think there is no cure? BECAUSE YOU DEPEND ON DOCTORS AND MEDICAL INDUSTRY THAT HAS NO CURES! That is why! IF you actually followed the steps I laid out or any other person that offers you something beyond MDs you would find a cure.

People with anxiety should go to a doctor first to rule out any possible physical problem, but once they get the diagnosis of anxiety, whether they take the drugs the doctors give them or not, the cure comes from the work they do on their own!

It is all too nuanced for you to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by martin05 View Post
    Just like you've built up your identity as some sort of master healer. You view yourself as having the ability to cure an illness that the medical profession deems incurable. You believe yourself smarter than doctors and psychiatrists that have spent decades mastering their craft.

While sufferers don't view anxiety with objective eyes, neither do you. Your identity is so wrapped up in this superiority complex you have, it's impossible to have an adult debate with you. How can you discuss things with a person that uses phrases like "I'm 100% right" "I'm 100% cured"...?

This explains why you become so hostile and evasive when you're directly challenged to prove your assertions. You feel your very identity and esteem is at risk.
    No dipshit! I do not even think about any of this. Once in a while I get inspired to write a post and I deliver a nice one like here to offer discussion and insight, and then assholes you come on and invade it, fuck it all up, and turn it into personal attacks on me like an insecure high school bully! If it were;t for dickheads like you, this post would have been a few pages of very positive nice discussions with good people. It is assholes like you, Teafrenzy and Gyspleee that fuck it all but you are too damn stupid to realize this!

You go on the premise I do not know what I am talking about but I know exactly what I am talking about and if you fucking assholes just stayed the fuck away from my fuckin posts, my threads would be a place where people could learn from each other you fuckin asshole!

I try to keep an open mind and will give almost anything a chance to see if it at least helps me in some way.

No dipshit! I do not even think about any of this. Once in a while I get inspired to write a post and I deliver a nice one like here to offer discussion and insight, and then assholes you come on and invade it, fuck it all up, and turn it into personal attacks on me like an insecure high school bully! If it were;t for dickheads like you, this post would have been a few pages of very positive nice discussions with good people. It is assholes like you, Teafrenzy and Gyspleee that fuck it all but you are too damn stupid to realize this!

You go on the premise I do not know what I am talking about but I know exactly what I am talking about and if you fucking assholes just stayed the fuck away from my fuckin posts, my threads would be a place where people could learn from each other you fuckin asshole!
    QED. You've proven my point.

..and if you fucking assholes just stayed the fuck away from my fuckin posts, my threads would be a place where people could learn from each other you fuckin asshole!
    In other words, if noone said anything, your posts would be fantastic! Oh look, you have 2 or 3 stickies up there.. Problem solved!!

"You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

The problem with you dipshits, Gypselee, Teafrenzy. Martin, Synner, is you are so obsessed with me that you ignore the topic at hand and go directly to trying to attack me on a personal level like pathetic teenagers. What you end up doing is cheating good people such as BrilliantSide, richierich25, Ponder, Kirk , salvator here, Anxiousexplosion, fixmybrokenmind and FloraRistic, from them being able to discuss the topic at hand, which my threads usually are very good topics to discuss. So yes, if it were not for your personal attacks specifically aimed at me, this would be a very good thread as almost all of mine are, before you dipshits came on here with one goal in mind: to attack me.

What does that say about you?

So you are so vile in your hate towards me, that you screwed those good people, people that we were all having a great discussion until you assholes used this as an opportunity to attack me, as if you know me or something. You do not know me.

And if you dipshits spent as much time on your own healing as you do in trying to get at me personally, you would all be anxiety free and have no more use for this site.

Quote Originally Posted by martin05 View Post
    QED. You've proven my point.
    Yeah I proved your posts are a waste of time and only geared to launch personal attacks with no relevant content with regards to the original post and you use insults when you have no rebuttal. Nice try!

I never go on your threads and use them as a launching pad to attack you personally. "Oh Gypselee wrote a new post, I am going to go on there and tell her what a horrible person she is." No I do not do that. Get a life! But that is all you do. Every single post, Gypselee here as an example, is a personal attack on me with ZERO to do with anything. You guys are totally obsessed with me in a creepy stalker freak way. But all of you, Gypselee, Teafrenzy. Martin, Synner are doing it. Notice how Dhalia doesn't like what I write, but she has enough dignity to not come on my threads to insult me. Like I said, you guys are not aware that there are 19 other threads here on the 1st page besides mine. You don't like it, stay off it! You do not discuss the topic at hand, only how it relates to me. It is not about me dipshits, it is about the topic!

This is how an internet forum works for you pea brains:

No way around it, you have to actually DO the work. You can read every book you can get your hands on about anxiety, take every supplement you read about and any pharmaceutical your doctor prescribes, you can come on every internet forum supporting each other everyday, and even if you receive great benefit from them, there is no way around it, you have to do the work and the work that you and you do alone, will be the core of how you get better! Everyone here that went from panicking freak out mode to normal mode has 1 thing in common, they all had a strong will to do the work!
    See, you read that, and then if you want to add to the discussion you post on it. You don't look at the person's name behind it and launch a personal attack on him like some 14 year old screaming YO MAMA jokes.
    Last edited by PanicCured; 03-12-2017 at 10:52 PM.

Well I tried. I have no interest in discussing anything with anyone who can't make a point without insulting people.